Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

How would you guys compare this match to the Southampton carabao cup match from last year?

I'm not at all surprised mate. I thought from the first time I saw him that he's not a particularly good footballer. He's a great goalscorer but, despite what people think about his 'movement', he offers little else.

If he doesn't score, he's a passenger. Simple as that.

Watching him this season, I'm wondering if he's suffering from 'second season decline' under Pep rather than improvement.

Pep certainly doesn't seem to be playing to his strengths.
Every time he's on the pitch he's a threat and because of the injuries, has to stay on the pitch at the moment.

Every team gives him extra attention, because everyone knows, that if they don't he'll bury them because he's the most lethal striker in the World. But yesterday Wolves overcrowded the box and stopped him getting hardly any supply, but If it wasn't for a great defensive intervention he would've scored a tap-in.

But we face these kind of teams every season, and especially away from home, we struggle a bit breaking them down, but a lot of times we break through.
The missing players this season made a huge difference in that and it showed yesterday.

Just a collective bad day at the office. We throw these in every now and again. I'm pretty sure I posted this after an October game last year. And the year before that. And the year before that.

This team is generally in 2nd gear this time of year and we're still top. Pep is like a Cheltenham trainer. Gets us primed to be firing on all cylinders, coming up the hill in March.

Trust the process. It's worked for the last 3 seasons

Last edited:
Just a collective bad day at the office. We throw these in every now and again. I'm pretty sure I posted this after an October game last year. And the tear before that. And the tear before that.

This team is generally in 2nd gear this time of year and we're still top. Pep is like a Cheltenham trainer. Gets us primed to be firing on all cylinders, coming up the hill in March.

Trust the process. It's worked for the last 3 seasons
Yep, it's quite a surprise that we're top of the league at this stage of the season as we always start off slowly

Agreed, but none of that changes the fact that Hwang's actions should have resulted in a sending off, simple as...

Don't get me wrong it was a lucky break for Wolves and Hwang and the referee bottled it, But City was not at the races and we did not test their keeper enough other than the freekick,

BIG Wake up call and we hope for a reaction in the Champions League then at Arsenal at the weekend

We've lost a couple of games in a row and suddenly it's Haaland's garbage, Pep doesn't know what he's doing, the new signings aren't up to it. It's said to be a test of a team's character as to how they react to adversity. I'd say the same about the fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.