Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

Every single person on this forum trusts Pep's judgement over yours.

I'm not asking anyone to 'trust my judgement', I'm just expressing my opinion. There's no need to play high and mighty with me.

In my opinion, Pep's tactics (particularly in the absence of KDB) are more suited to a more cerebral type of player than Haaland.

The thing with Haaland is that he'll probably score a hat-trick against Arsenal next week. He's an enigma.

Wow, I guess we could say the same about Aguero too.

Goalscorers are a very rare breed. You have to incorporate them into your side, whoever is managing.

Even Pep knows this. He also knows Alvarez is a better footballer, hence he plays too, but he never drops Haaland.

I agree with all that but for one thing...

Aguero was an infinitely better and much cleverer footballer than Haaland.

Wolves weren't poor yesterday and by a many accounts have not been all season.
I only saw their game against Liverpool on TV and they certainly weren't poor that day. They were, in fact all over the scousers in the first half and would have wrapped the game up had they taken their chances. The second half was a different story but it was earlier in the season and perhaps Wolves lacked the fitness for 90 minutes high intensity. Yesterday they packed their area and were always dangerous on the counter and always looked more likely to score than we did.

Agreed, Distin was a rare star in that era, what a player he was for us..how we give abuse to former players is beyond me

They're professional sportsmen doing a job. They don't deserve abuse whoever they are.
If I was to say that any former City player merited criticism, it's James Milner for the way he left the club. That said, he's done it to more than City - it's a measure of him as a person

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.