Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

Don't get me wrong it was a lucky break for Wolves and Hwang and the referee bottled it, But City was not at the races and we did not test their keeper enough other than the freekick,

BIG Wake up call and we hope for a reaction in the Champions League then at Arsenal at the weekend
Fingers crossed,,,next to impossible to shake my confidence but I'd be lying if I didn't say the drastic drop in our speed of play on the road throughout the past year and a half is a bit concerning. Even in winning the treble we were miles better at home. Of course almost everyone is better at home but our disparity is quite evident in both performance and results...

You make it sound like he passed it to him.

Akanji was scrambling across goal and got as much contact on the ball as he could, deflecting it to stop the first attacker a tap in. The initial cross was also deflected, giving him less time to react.

It could have gone anywhere, but unluckily for us, it landed at a Wolves player.

It‘s time to stop this nonsense blaming Akanji.
Let's agree to disagree.

Gvardial isn’t quick either. Considering Ake is usually a very good one v one defender and has played great against Saka and Salah in the past he was the obvious choice against their main man. Obviously it worked out terribly on the day but that’s in hindsight
Akanji might be our fastest Centerback

You make it sound like he passed it to him.

Akanji was scrambling across goal and got as much contact on the ball as he could, deflecting it to stop the first attacker a tap in. The initial cross was also deflected, giving him less time to react.

It could have gone anywhere, but unluckily for us, it landed at a Wolves player.

It‘s time to stop this nonsense blaming Akanji.
This seemed painfully obvious. But some folks seem to want a certain conclusion and will reach it regardless of the facts.

Reactions: OB1
Fingers crossed,,,next to impossible to shake my confidence but I'd be lying if I didn't say the drastic drop in our speed of play on the road throughout the past year and a half is a bit concerning. Even in winning the treble we were miles better at home. Of course almost everyone is better at home but our disparity is quite evident in both performance and results...

The away games are always hard because we are the Champions, They always fancy a little bit of you to shout about.
This season was always going to be after the Lord Mayor's Show and how do you beat what we did last season

We will find a way to rise up and make some more headlines this season, let's not forget it's still very early and we sit top of the table so it's not that bad is it

Wow. Passenger? Offers little else? What the hell. You need to chill the fuck out and realise how footballers are not just judged on goals. He’s an outstanding athlete who literally drags two, sometimes three players with him all over the attacking third. This usually makes room for other options to penetrate and threaten the opposing teams. If you feel the need to even question pep or his tactics then I suggest you wake up and realise that we’ve only just won a treble, yes a treble. Talk about knee jerking

I'm not 'knee jerking', I've thought this since early last season. You can't deny that he's the best striker in Europe, even if only based on last season's form, but he's not a particularly good footballer.

Rodri is a brilliant footballer, as is KDB. Take them out of the equation and the threat of Haaland is nullified.

The Wolves centre half had Haaland in his pocket for 90% of yesterday's game. If Haaland doesn't take advantage of the other 10%, he may as well not be there.

After careful consideration I’ve come to the conclusion that we will batter the tarquins Sunday because they smell a wounded beast but pep has been setting the scenario that we are bolloxed and will out think them. Had a few Estrella which always makes my mental calculations spot on. Hic

Some over reactions on here. The facts are, we have lots of key players out at the moment, plus we had Rodri suspended and Pep in the stands. Even as the best team in the world, there are only so many pieces you can take out before performances are impacted. Plus, we are playing in the best club league in the world, there aren't any easy games at the best of times. We'll get players back and we'll do what we always do, get better and better as the season progresses

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.