Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

With players out namely Stones, Kev and Rodri we looked a bit out of ideas. This isn't going to be popular but I will say it, Phillips and Bobb are not the answers to our problem.
Bobb will he a huge answer but that will be in the future.

Phillips won't listen to the answer, if he realises he has no future at this club after the last 7 days he really has no hope. Get rid in January whatever the cost.

Out of interest which part of the performance did you think were positive? I didn't see any drive or desire to even get a point when we went behind for the second time... we didnt make a clear cut chance in the remaining 30 mins?

All the things that led to us dominating the game. Barely giving them a sniff of our goal. They scored twice against thr run of play and were fortunate to do so. They led at HT without having a shot on target

They defended very well, but they had to.

I'm not 'knee jerking', I've thought this since early last season. You can't deny that he's the best striker in Europe, even if only based on last season's form, but he's not a particularly good footballer.

Rodri is a brilliant footballer, as is KDB. Take them out of the equation and the threat of Haaland is nullified.

The Wolves centre half had Haaland in his pocket for 90% of yesterday's game. If Haaland doesn't take advantage of the other 10%, he may as well not be there.

He had three centre halves on him, as Pep pointed out, which makes it very difficult for him.

I only saw their game against Liverpool on TV and they certainly weren't poor that day. They were, in fact all over the scousers in the first half and would have wrapped the game up had they taken their chances. The second half was a different story but it was earlier in the season and perhaps Wolves lacked the fitness for 90 minutes high intensity. Yesterday they packed their area and were always dangerous on the counter and always looked more likely to score than we did.

They looked more likely to score because we play high and try to be positive. Our opponents quite often have what look they the better chances because we don't sit back and pack our defence. It's a risk of how City play but the rewards usually justify it over the course of a season.

I have to say that that was a complete and utter brain fart by Pep.
To slow getting the ball up the pitch.
Haaland placed in the centre of the box but no crosses being put in to exploit his height.
And of course Kovacic and Nunes being crabs all game playing the ball across the pitch - not forward.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.