Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

Personally I don’t think we’ve looked at our normal level this season, even with the six wins and our usual tendency to start slowly.

Newcastle at home was our best performance, but we haven’t clicked yet and a number of players look below their usual level, most obviously Haaland although he’s not alone in that.

Too early to judge the transfer window but we had to replace a phenomenal player in Gundogan, and a very talented one in Mahrez, and we also needed to buy a top class midfielder in addition to rotate or play alongside Rodri.

Not convinced we’ve ticked those boxes to be honest and at the moment we look like we’ve bought players who look good when we’re on song, but who struggle to change a game when we’re struggling. Certainly miss Gundogan’s ability to chip in with a goal.

Perhaps we needed to be a bit more ambitious with our midfield signings and although I’m not arsed about missing out on Rice, the fact we put a bid in for him suggests to me that we didn’t really have our ducks in a row this summer.

We’ve lost too much of that city dna. Granted KDB, stones and silva are out. But the new signing still need time to fully grasp “our way”. And so we’ve suffered as a result.

But the key word here is “control” and the lack thereof this match.

Only saw the second half but we were poor, lacked composure and let them turn it into a cup tie of a match.

Really disappointing but a wake up call to the players about what’s required going forward.

Pawson absolutely pathetic which is no surprise to anyone. 6 minutes was mikes off what it should have been.

Did you see him getting all Lampard-like making us take that throw in 3 times? What a fucking powerplaying wanker. If he wasn't into football, he'd be a fucking traffic warden the ****.

To be fair the hysteria overdrive won’t just be in the media, plenty right here right now.

We were pretty poor but all our injuries to key players and losing the know how, goal threat and experience of Gundo and Mahrez too was going to bite us on the arse sooner or later.

A poor performance no doubt, but I’m not concerned.

We were always going to lose a game, and I think this is a good reality check before the Arsenal game next week.

We’ll be fine blues - we always are.

We weren’t great today, missed a few key players.. am I worried am I FCUK, …

Wolves 3 attempts 2
City 23 attempts 1 , on another day we’d have put them to the sword , but it was one of them days ….
Wolves Xg 0.51 - us 0.90
which suggests it was a game of few decent goal scoring opportunities created for either side. Which was the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.