Wolves post match

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Lots of changes means a loss in fluidity and cohesion - it always does. Individual players can come into the first choice team and do fine, make a load of changes at once and this kind of thing often happens. Wolves didn't park the bus, they defended and looked to counter, and did that well.

City got through and the game was entertaining. Are we really at the point where not stuffing teams is grounds for complaint? What on earth will be the response when City lose if that's where we are?

Only negative thing from yesterday is that we did not score during 90 minutes. Everything else was what could be expected from the league cup.

Only negative thing from yesterday is that we did not score during 90 minutes. Everything else was what could be expected from the league cup.
We couldn't score against a Championship side that fielded a bunch of 2nd stringers.

If by "only negative thing from yesterday is that we did not score during 90 minutes" you compass slow passing, poor pressing, inability to finish, and terrible defensive errors - well, then, I agree.

25 shots only 6 on target with no goals.
Need I say more.

Wolves with on 7 shots got 5 on target but also no goals.

Deja Vu
Well yes, you do need to say more, we were the only team that came to play actual football and we should've and could've won that game in 90 minutes.
We didn't have 10-11 man crowding our box so the numbers are pretty logical and the impact on our clinicalness shouldn't come as a surprise. They literally threw every possible body in front of any chance.
Also, 9 changes will always have an effect on the team performance.
It wasn't a pretty sight but I don't feel it's an indicator of what to expect going forward.

Poorest game of the season?
In my book - yes. The antithesis of Pep football on display for 120 minutes.

Dominated possession b/c we're a gazillion times better than they are - stopped them from scoring b/c Bravo had a good game while Enobakhare was doing his best to imitate Bony in City colors - and doing a damn fine job of it.

Last edited:
45A9CF1200000578-5015961-image-m-20_1508930637126.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.