Women's team - 2018/2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I'm starting to think that we need a change at the top. Nick Cushing as done a great job , but it seems to have gone stale. I would move him to head coach of the women's youth teams, and then go and find a manager for the women's team .

I was totally baffled at how bad we were for the first 15/20 minutes of the second half. Itw as as if they had all taken mogadon with the half time drink. We didn't manage to win any ball played forward or 2nd or 3rd balls!!

How we managed to let them score form a corner just lobbed into the center of the goal is just plaing crazy. We had the 3 tallest players in the vicinity but allowed a small attacker to just run in an head it home. What the hell was going on! A bit later another ball was lobbed in and Steph just ducked it with nobody in a better position!

I think a really good team would have scored a few in this period and although Reading are a decent side they don't really have much quality in that final third. I accept that Reading upped their game in the second half with much better pressing but but were we woeful. It wasnt just the odd player either but pretty well the whole team.

But to pick out one player I would have to say McManus is dreadful on the ball. Yes she is playing as a left back which is not her natural position and she cannot kick a ball with her left foot, but her passing and first touch is just so poor. I do hope Demi is back soon.

After that shocking 20 minutes we got nack to normal without being particularly good but we did create quite a few chances and really should have scored again.

Should have means nowt though does it? We weren't really worth much more than 1 goal in the first half. 2 maybe at absolute most but unless Georgia was going to smack another in I didn't see anyone else scoring tonight. I think we missed more chances in the last 20 minutes than the first half but I remain in shock re how bad we were for the start of the 2nd half.

I really don't understand bringing a Canadian international over here, one who clearly has talent and a knack of scoring goals only for the manager to give her no minutes. It seems as if he is not flexible and unlike our main guy seems to have lost a plan on how to win certain games. Subs can change games but Nick seems too loyal to certain English players. It's all about constant progression, something they need to sort out to have any chance of the women's game growing in appeal.

I do think that , apart from obviously winning games, Nick's toughest challenge is keeping all the players happy. I think we have already seen from Duggan and Christiansen , as soon as they are not first choice they get a bit unhappy and look elsewhere. This could probably happen as well with the likes of Mel Lawley ( and others if we ever get a full squad!)

I thought the same as others last night when no change was made when we had players on the bench who were different. Janine for one also 2 " flying" wingers who just might have made a difference. It certainly would have allowed Georgia to stay more central.

One thing for certain is we are missing Demi Stokes. Once Lucy left we needed to have Demi flying down the left at times to create problems but with Abbie and Gemma there is basically no attacking threat at all.

I do think that , apart from obviously winning games, Nick's toughest challenge is keeping all the players happy. I think we have already seen from Duggan and Christiansen , as soon as they are not first choice they get a bit unhappy and look elsewhere. This could probably happen as well with the likes of Mel Lawley ( and others if we ever get a full squad!)

I thought the same as others last night when no change was made when we had players on the bench who were different. Janine for one also 2 " flying" wingers who just might have made a difference. It certainly would have allowed Georgia to stay more central.

One thing for certain is we are missing Demi Stokes. Once Lucy left we needed to have Demi flying down the left at times to create problems but with Abbie and Gemma there is basically no attacking threat at all.

Christiansen was the best player in the team when she was getting dropped so I’m not surprised she was pissed off.

I’ve made the point before but no one ever listens at City, now is the time for a new manager. He took them to a high position in the women’s game but the team has gone backwards for the past year. Crowds are down and those that might start to come now can’t be bothered.
The managers reluctance to change last night maybe condemned the team to just try for second which may then result in third or fourth. This is not good enough for a City team and the manager must take most of the blame. He doesn’t look interested at all and certainly does not raise moral within the team. Time to go or be pushed imo.

I’ve made the point before but no one ever listens at City, now is the time for a new manager. He took them to a high position in the women’s game but the team has gone backwards for the past year. Crowds are down and those that might start to come now can’t be bothered.
The managers reluctance to change last night maybe condemned the team to just try for second which may then result in third or fourth. This is not good enough for a City team and the manager must take most of the blame. He doesn’t look interested at all and certainly does not raise moral within the team. Time to go or be pushed imo.
Got too agree mate , time for a new manager . Put Nick Cushing back as a coach with the women's youth teams and get a manager in that wants to win things . Also what is happening with the women that are injured ? Demi Stokes , Megan Campbell and Pauline Bremer what is happening with them ? Seen Megan walking passed the North stand last night , she seemed ok . Demi and Megan are really big misses at the moment, as they are left sided defenders what we don't seem to have at the moment !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.