Women's team - 2018/2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they can compete domestically, and they aint doing that! Good players leave, so what, up to the manager to identify target and sell the club to these new players.

Also read a quote saying 'it's not my job to keep players happy' er well yes it is actually, modern game this, this is what is called man management.

££££££, city just cannot compete with Lyon, Barca and a few other European clubs with regards to salaries, the city ladies have a strict budget they have to stick to, although not 100% certain if Duggan left for more money, Lucy and izzy certainly did

Harsh considering Lucy just won the CL and is playing every week for one of the best teams in the world.

Harsh considering Lucy just won the CL and is playing every week for one of the best teams in the world.
I heard that Toni Duggan left as she was getting rather close to a senior men's player although I do doubt the source

££££££, city just cannot compete with Lyon, Barca and a few other European clubs with regards to salaries, the city ladies have a strict budget they have to stick to, although not 100% certain if Duggan left for more money, Lucy and izzy certainly did
It’s not that City can’t compete... they are prohibited from doing so. There is a salary cap in the English Women’s game, but not in Europe. Hence our best players will always be tempted. I think Duggan got pissed off that she was constantly left out for a ‘ringer’... Carly Lloyd

What is her injury ? I've wondered why she wasn't involved, she drove us on one side of the pitch so often, not quite as good as Bronze, but not far away, a big miss.
Hello All - Chelsea Women season ticket holder.

I love Demi Stokes as a footballer.

Obviously men's teams would overpower any women's team physically, but it is also the case that the men are technically better. The men's game is more mature and there are many, many times the number of boys playing football seriously, than there are girls. That fact alone drives the standards up. This means that even if you were to take physical attributes out of the equation, you would probably always choose a male player over a female equivalent. Except, in my opinion, when it comes to Demi Stokes. I reckon if Demi was a man, she'd be England's starting LB.

After the game at Kingsmeadow, I spoke to one of your players on the touchline to ask about Demi. I had read absolutely nothing anywhere which explained Demi's absence so I hoped to learn something. I started by saying I'd understand if she was under orders not to talk about this; to which she smiled and laughed. That made me think that maybe the club are trying to keep this under wraps. Your player did say that Demi had an injury but claimed not to know what it was or when she'd be back. The player said that Demi was working in the gym rather than with the squad.

I tend to think that clubs are a bit over zealous when it comes to guarding information about injuries. It's not as if we won't notice when one of the best female players in the game is missing. Still MCWFC must have their reasons for the media silence.

Last edited:

It was a great career move for Lucy, and for Duggers and Izzy, but I heard that their salary hikes were similar to the kind of raise when a Championship, L1 or L2 player breaks into the PL.

We have got a great squad in MCWFC but for the last few games of last season and for most of this we haven't hit what I would regard as our real level. We're not playing at the level to which I would have expected the new additions would have carried us. Some players are not performing at the level they established in the last couple of seasons. I think it is not yet "We've lost a game, let's sack the manager" time yet but he needs to start putting together some powerful performances and not spew out the usual cliches.

Birmingham City women away is on BBC red button , KO 12:30 live , can see this being a tough game.

Birmingham City women away is on BBC red button , KO 12:30 live , can see this being a tough game.
It will be now - one of the most ridiculous own goals you'd ever see - scored from 5 metres inside the opposition half trying a stupid back pass. Poor coaching or just a complete lack of confidence after the last game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.