Women's Team - 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by kev20971, 16 May 2019.

1. DRINKLEVEDRY

DRINKLEVEDRY

Team supported:
    City
    He sure was.would also like to add at a ladies match did I really hear a chorus of utd aggro absolute fucking scum.

2. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

8 minutes!

3. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Of course they add on 5 minutes from no where.

4. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I followed this game on the BBC website text. Don't know who was doing that, but it was comical. Ellen White appears to have scored either side of half time but the HT score was listed as 0-0! Wishful thinking on the BBC in-house ragamuffin text wallahs? Agent Abbie was distraught, apparently after gifting us the second. The RagSlags scored directly from a corner but there was a foul on the goalkeeper. BBC texter wrote that 'goalies always get those'! If it was a foul they should fuckin' well get them, yer pillock! The final bit of text said they couldn't leave without showing the last goal - a Lauren Hemp oggie - one that 'gave United hope! Ref and officials jeered off! Somehow, then, it could only have been a home defeat!

The post-match suggested that it would be Ellen White's finishing that saw us over the line, but the two disallowed United goals were cruel. The one from the corner, and the 'Abbie McManus goal that never was'? At the time, they said it had not crossed the line! Rags done out of the hat for the next round, according to the nation's broadcaster! All predictable BBC shite!

5. Blue_eyes

Blue_eyes

Watched the second half, wasnt impressed though and I have enjoyed some womens footy(world cup etc), but beating the rags at any level is great. The commentator was definitely pro rag though, a bit like how they are for the mens team, when they pulled one back for 2-1 he said they had got more than a foothold in the game now???????? whatever that means!! Oh and that one who scored their first goal has a look of Lingard in the face lol, wonder if hes having to transition to get game time?

6. cleavers

cleavers

To be fair to the referee, he had no choice, just as the board went up, our player took a bad knock to the head and was down injured for a full 2 minutes, and there was another injury that needed treatment as well. It was a bit of a mystery where he got the 5 from, but there were 4 goals and 5 subs in the second half I suppose.

7. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

I was going to post the same — the additional minutes made sense, the initial total made less sense.

Well, except in the context that City was playing United away and United were still in the match.

8. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

9. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Jessie Weaseless?

Blue_eyes likes this.
  10. cleavers

cleavers

I've watched quite a lot of women's games this season, and that was one of the worst, 2-3 might make it sound exciting, but it was anything but, overall a very poor standard of play from both sides. We can and do play some good football, but not today, I said earlier in the thread it was probably our worst performance of the season, especially Steph Houghton, who was very poor for me.

The rags had nothing other than a bit of bite in the tackle, despite the bigging up from the commentator.

kev20971 and Colin Bells Boots like this.