Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just caught up with the final score of that Everton v Leicester “borefest” and it ended 1:0 to Everton.
Look at the winning goal on FA Player and convince me that the WSL is the “strongest in Europe “.
BBC/SKY investing £24m on this. Marketing the WSL as if it’s really exciting and any number of teams could win the league.
I want womens football to succeed but there are so many Everton v Leicester type matches - boring, lacking quality and basic skills, ridiculous errors, hopeless goalkeepers and strikers who can’t get a shot on target.
Makes you realise just how good a coach Emma Hayes is. Her Chelsea team have set the standard. They would never lose to Aston Villa 4:3 or play Fran Kirby at fullback. I know a man that would though..

Just caught up with the final score of that Everton v Leicester “borefest” and it ended 1:0 to Everton.
Look at the winning goal on FA Player and convince me that the WSL is the “strongest in Europe “.
BBC/SKY investing £24m on this. Marketing the WSL as if it’s really exciting and any number of teams could win the league.
I want womens football to succeed but there are so many Everton v Leicester type matches - boring, lacking quality and basic skills, ridiculous errors, hopeless goalkeepers and strikers who can’t get a shot on target.
Makes you realise just how good a coach Emma Hayes is. Her Chelsea team have set the standard. They would never lose to Aston Villa 4:3 or play Fran Kirby at fullback. I know a man that would though..
Err 'they would never lose to Aston Villa 4:3'.
No, they lost 2-1 to newly promoted Liverpool, who were then battered 3-0 by Everton!

We should've been a couple up at Chelsea at HT but went in a goal down!
Agree with the rest though, she wouldn't play key players out of position.

I like your posts generally, but i have to take some issue with a lot of these points.

1. There are shitloads of crap and boring matches in the men's Premier League, which is suggested as the best in the world. It's certainly the most watched, despite some crap matches. It's the big matches that sell it, not Bournemouth v Brentford - just as Everton v West Ham matters less in the WSL. Yes, some of these sides need to improve, but the results on the first weekend showed that they can sometimes beat the big teams.

2. Chelsea lost at Liverpool, which is probably a worse result than losing at Villa.

3. Stanway only ever got played at fullback when we didn't have a fullback available. Someone had to play there. (Actually thought Janine Beckie was far better there though when she got put there.). Maybe Kirby wouldn't play at fullback, but Stanway's skills do suit it more than her, and even Emma Hayes would have to play somebody out of position there if there were a lot of injuries.

Other than that, I'm with you... ;-)

I like your posts generally, but i have to take some issue with a lot of these points.

1. There are shitloads of crap and boring matches in the men's Premier League, which is suggested as the best in the world. It's certainly the most watched, despite some crap matches. It's the big matches that sell it, not Bournemouth v Brentford - just as Everton v West Ham matters less in the WSL.

Christ, this Leeds v Villa is a good example today. Its like going back to around 1992, to watch a match that was shite even back then.

Hey guys,

I am a Master's student at the University of Brighton from South Korea. Being female fan myself, through my thesis research I want to find out what can enable more male fans to live, breathe and sleep the women's games as much as you do for the men's games. I would really appreciate your quick minutes into the survey I designed for the research I am conducting.

Link: Survey Here

Thank you guys Xx

Sky sports backing the women's game by not even acknowledging the game is taking place on their scores app, got the Hungarian and polish games all covered though.

Hey guys,

I am a Master's student at the University of Brighton from South Korea. Being female fan myself, through my thesis research I want to find out what can enable more male fans to live, breathe and sleep the women's games as much as you do for the men's games. I would really appreciate your quick minutes into the survey I designed for the research I am conducting.

Link: Survey Here

Thank you guys Xx
Done. Good luck with the thesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.