Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shame Jill Scott didn't get a gong along with 4 of her UEFA winning team mates in the NY Honours IMHO

Crazy. I know she didn't play much in the tournament but she's played a massive part into getting them where they are and played a huge role when she came on in the final. I think the whole honours system is nonsense but if you're going to have it then they all deserved one. Pretty sure it would have been the case if the men had done it.

Crazy. I know she didn't play much in the tournament but she's played a massive part into getting them where they are and played a huge role when she came on in the final. I think the whole honours system is nonsense but if you're going to have it then they all deserved one. Pretty sure it would have been the case if the men had done it.
Jill Scott was awarded the MBE in 2020

Gordon Banks as an example was awarded the OBE 4 years after winning the world cup, and even to this day they weren't all awarded the same things.

Gordon Banks as an example was awarded the OBE 4 years after winning the world cup, and even to this day they weren't all awarded the same things.

There's more recent precedent though with the entire 2005 ashes winning squad and the rugby world cup winners all being honoured.

BBC talking about possible moves in the WSL. Here's what they had to say about us:

Manchester City have shown interest in Everton defender Gabby George, 25, but she has two years remaining on her contract with the Toffees.

City have also enquired about Lyon midfielder Damaris Egurrola, 23, and could renew their interest in Juventus midfielder Julia Grosso, 22, who they pursued in the summer.

Reactions: nmc
Real Madrid want Hayley Raso according to Spanish media, but may wait 'til the end of the season when she'll be out of contract.

Real Madrid want Hayley Raso according to Spanish media, but may wait 'til the end of the season when she'll be out of contract.
Would be sad to lose her but wouldn't surprise me if she wants out. Doesn't seem to matter how Kelly is playing as she's a certain starter if fit it seems under Taylor. At least we'll have Jess Park back in the fold if is in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.