Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably our best player this season and has been treated very badly - if I was her I'd want out.

It is a problem if our better players want to leave due to the manner in which they are treated by Taylor. Tbh he doesn't seem to want to play certain players despite others being less effective. Inspires little confidence in his management ability ( or lack of ).

Becoming a bit of a regular theme now and needs to be addressed.

Not encouraging if she does go, but we've got bigger problems than wingers who are older and not as good as Lauren Hemp or Chloe Kelly leaving, it was true with Janine Beckie, same with Raso. She's good but she's hardly a world-beater.

Not encouraging if she does go, but we've got bigger problems than wingers who are older and not as good as Lauren Hemp or Chloe Kelly leaving, it was true with Janine Beckie, same with Raso. She's good but she's hardly a world-beater.

With Taylor at the helm… there’s no prospect of either Kelly or Hemp hanging around too long….

With Taylor at the helm… there’s no prospect of either Kelly or Hemp hanging around too long….
Did I suggest otherwise? There's a reason I mentioned bigger problems. We're treading water, with or without the likes of Raso, so long as him and the powers that be carry on as they are.

Did I suggest otherwise? There's a reason I mentioned bigger problems. We're treading water, with or without the likes of Raso, so long as him and the powers that be carry on as they are.

No you didn’t - but with respect I didn’t say you did but Raso might be needed because she’s probably better than a disinterested Kelly. More generally the womens team is in decline - the club seems to have lost interest.

No you didn’t - but with respect I didn’t say you did but Raso might be needed because she’s probably better than a disinterested Kelly. More generally the womens team is in decline - the club seems to have lost interest.
Fair enough, but quoting someone does tend to give the impression you're aiming your own comment at the person/comment quoted!
Jordan Nobbs signing for Villa is an interesting one. Arsenal losing an albeit injury prone player and coming on the back of England going to Spurs. Are teams trying to make a push on the back of the Euro's success?
From the reports it sounded like she pushed for it going into the World Cup. Be interesting to know if Villa see it as part of a push or just too good an opportunity to miss, given they paid a fee for Daly to come back from the States, it looks like a small push at least.

Even with the injuries, I'm a bit disappointed we weren't at least linked, she'd waltz into our midfield on her day.

From the reports it sounded like she pushed for it going into the World Cup. Be interesting to know if Villa see it as part of a push or just too good an opportunity to miss, given they paid a fee for Daly to come back from the States, it looks like a small push at least.

Even with the injuries, I'm a bit disappointed we weren't at least linked, she'd waltz into our midfield on her day.
Thought the Beth England one was really strange. Supposedly a record fee for a WSL club for someone who was mostly a bit part player at Chelsea.

Thought the Beth England one was really strange. Supposedly a record fee for a WSL club for someone who was mostly a bit part player at Chelsea.
Kind of a weird player though, isn't she? Was Player of the Year not so long ago, no big injury issues afaik unlike Nobbs, and she's under 30 she's just been stuck behind Kerr and Harder for ages, and seemed happy with it until now. World Cup effect again, presumably.

Can't say I watch Spurs, so it might be bollocks, but most of the reaction I've seen from their perspective is basically "she's an upgrade but does nothing about them not creating anything". Again, a club with money actually trying to build up or just taking a punt on a big name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.