Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
WSL match between Chelsea & Liverpool abandoned after 7 mins due to the pitch being frozen and players slipping all over (one of the Chelsea players landed on hard ground and injured herself)

Now I'm almost certain I've just heard one of the commentary team say the officials wanted to call it off this morning but the FA insisted it went ahead...

If that's true, it's an absolute disgrace and something that wouldn't have happened in the men's game!

Farcical that it even started. Players safety has to come first and to allow the game to get underway in those conditions was criminal. Probably only went ahead because the BBC cameras were there for the live lunchtime kick-off so, if true, may be the reason where the pressure came from to get the game played from the FA. Definitely needs looking at. Liverpool manager saying the game should've been called off first thing this morning. Liverpool took 3 coaches worth of fans to the game and it's them I most feel sorry for.

I see Bronze and Walsh have already won a trophy at barcelona. They will collect them like pokemon while they are there, no wonder they wanted out of City with our below average manager.
The fact we couldn’t hang on to Walsh shows that the game in England is lagging behind some of the European countries. If you want to be the best you must keep the cream.

The fact we couldn’t hang on to Walsh shows that the game in England is lagging behind some of the European countries. If you want to be the best you must keep the cream.
It shows we're lagging behind. When everyone else is losing their best players overseas, we can say it's a league/country-wide issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.