Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
so female ragfan from birth, or near Brighton for accuracy, sees better prospects with decent team
What amazes me is they could wait til the end of the season and get her for nowt as she's out of contract. A world record fee for someone with 6 months left on the contract is madness.

Edit - although reading sky sports, it seems she has been speaking to American clubs (as she's free to do in the last 6 months of her contract) so Arsenal might see it as their only opportunity.

What amazes me is they could wait til the end of the season and get her for nowt as she's out of contract. A world record fee for someone with 6 months left on the contract is madness.

Perhaps they were worried about the competition in that scenario ?

Tbh I think she is a good player even if I think the " backheeled miracle goal " she scored for England, was actually her just trying get it back into play and got lucky.

But being a ragette made her world class and the best thing since blah, blah, blah.

Maroon not purple! Here's an actual article on it if you're interested

It was interesting. Thanks. And to the other person who replied. Particularly the survey at the end of the article suggesting how many girls drop out of sport because of this.

Those old farts at Wimbledon will hopefully take note. But won’t hold my breath on that.

Bit ashamed to admit it’s a subject I’ve never given a moments thought to before, despite being a big fan of women’s tennis and track and field for many years. If not so much football. Thanks again.

It was interesting. Thanks. And to the other person who replied. Particularly the survey at the end of the article suggesting how many girls drop out of sport because of this.

Those old farts at Wimbledon will hopefully take note. But won’t hold my breath on that.

Bit ashamed to admit it’s a subject I’ve never given a moments thought to before, despite being a big fan of women’s tennis and track and field for many years. If not so much football. Thanks again.
I had much the same thought at the time to be honest, if you've got a problem with as straight forward a solution as that, why wouldn't you do it? Good common sense thing to do generally but I'm kind of proud they got it sorted so quickly after the question was asked.

Just dread to think what they'll do when we don't have maroon shorts available. Don't love the idea of an all-blue kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.