Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had much the same thought at the time to be honest, if you've got a problem with as straight forward a solution as that, why wouldn't you do it? Good common sense thing to do generally but I'm kind of proud they got it sorted so quickly after the question was asked.

Just dread to think what they'll do when we don't have maroon shorts available. Don't love the idea of an all-blue kit!

Navy shorts I’d imagine.

Shouldn't really be all that surprised I guess, seeing as she was consistently underused by Taylor.

Fucking hell, how can the management not see what is going on with the set-up and Taylor's lack of management ability.

They must have simply decided that the womens team isn't important.

She had been injured for quite a while this season and we do have a bit of cover in that area with Castellanos, Fowler, Angeldahl, Coombs and even Hasegawa. Shame she didn't make an impact with us as I hoped she would when she turned up. Just hope that it doesn't upset the remaining Spanish contingent now that she's gone.

Shouldn't really be all that surprised I guess, seeing as she was consistently underused by Taylor.

Predictable but still infuriating.

Even at her age, and with her injury record, she was still the best fit at centre-mid (along with Hasegawa) we had. You'd keep her around just for cover and some leadership in the dressing room if you had any sense.

Even at her age, and with her injury record, she was still the best fit at centre-mid (along with Hasegawa) we had. You'd keep her around just for cover and some leadership in the dressing room if you had any sense.

I've no specific reason for saying this, but i'm expecting her injury issues to disappear now and for her to play every game for Roma.

100% agree she also had a decent scoring record - a goal every 3 games is pretty good from midfield. In many games we were crying out for someone to control the game yet Taylor for some unknown reason would never pick her.

For me one the biggest reasons I don't like the manager is he seems to have his favourites and players like Beckie, Lavelle, Losada and probably Raso will have left/leave because he will not play them. I worry that I am beginning to see the same treatment with Aleixandra who was our best player early season yet since Kennedy has returned has not got game time when we should be building our defence around her. I believe Taylor is clueless despite results against the lesser teams and the club need a serious upgrade. If they give him a new contract we will never win the WSL until he's gone.

As others have said Vicky seemed instrumental in helping recruit from Spain and it may prove to be an unpopular call. When Taylor literally sidelined one of the world's best players in Lavelle the result was we had no chance of our American players signing new deals - he doesn't learn from his errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.