Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that there is a clause in his contract that says qualify for the Champions League and you remain in the job. Miss out and you could be replaced.

Without actually knowing what is in the contract , I suppose anything is possible.

Ideally there is a clause that says if he continues to pisses players off and demotivate them to the extent that they refuse to renew contracts and /or want to move elsewhere, he is fucked off sharpish :)

Last edited:
Without actually knowing what is in the contract , I suppose anything is possible.

Ideally there is a clause that says if he continues to pisses players off and demotivate them to the extent that they refuse to renew contracts and /or want to move elsewhere, he is fucked off sharpish :)

I doubt we'd have anything that clearcut, it doesn't seem our way. I think our biggest hope might be home wanting to test himself in mens football - maybe we could inflict him on NYCFC perhaps like we did Nick Cushing (though he was slightly better).

I doubt we'd have anything that clearcut, it doesn't seem our way. I think our biggest hope might be home wanting to test himself in mens football - maybe we could inflict him on NYCFC perhaps like we did Nick Cushing (though he was slightly better).

Not sure that NYCFC deserve him personally.

Out of his depth in a car lot puddle…. He’s absolutely hopeless.
Made me chuckle. Seriously though it's strange that even after a long unbeaten run those of us who watch a lot of the games still want the manager gone. For me it's all about how we play in the important games - unlike the mens game there are still quite a few easy fixtures which kind of skew the statistics. At crucial moments he often picks the wrong lineup and certainly employs the wrong tactics. As a Taylor team we seem incapable of finding a second gear in big games.

Also it is telling that the more experienced players who are not deemed his favourites want out. I think Steph would have plenty to say as the captain unfortunately she has been battling injury issues so has been a little less vocal. I do think we have some great young players but if he remains it is guaranteed the best of them will not hang around for long.

We must not fall even further behind the top three so for that above all else we need a better coach.

Last edited:
Made me chuckle. Seriously though it's strange that even after a long unbeaten run those of us who watch a lot of the games still want the manager gone. For me it's all about how we play in the important games - unlike the mens game there are still quite a few easy fixtures which kind of skew the statistics. At crucial moments he often picks the wrong lineup and certainly employs the wrong tactics. As a Taylor team we seem incapable of finding a second gear in big games.

Also it is telling that the more experienced players who are not deemed his favourites want out. I think Steph would have plenty to say as the captain unfortunately she has been battling injury issues so has been a little less vocal. I do think we have some great young players but if he remains it is guaranteed the best of them will not hang around for long.

We must not fall even further behind the top three so for that love all else we need a better coach.

Agree but you're preaching to the converted - the men at the top need to wake the fuck up and get rid of the deadweight.

Agree with this, I am in the camp that would like to see Taylor replaced for the very reasons you suggest. The problem I forsee is who do we replace him with. There does not appear to be a large pool of coaching talent in the women's game. Taylor himself appears to have fallen into the job rather than having shown any real interest previously and I suspect this is part of the problem.
You would like to think that City are an attractive prospect for someone and that there would be some talented individuals who would show some interest. Having said that I would have thought that when we moved on from Cushing and we ended up with Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.