Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been watching the UEFA Women’s U-17 European Championship in Estonia. The England team have reached the semifinals without a single player from City. The Rags have one. Sort of sums up the dreadful City Women Academy structure. Complete revolution needed by the City Group. Get Jill Scott, Steph Houghton, Ellen White, Izzy Christiansen and others involved in coaching NOW. WTF has Jayne Ludlow done in the last few years??

Again, repeating myself, but our reputation is shite from people i know who've had their kids at the girls academy. The raggetts is the place to be.

Tolmie might be able to give a better experience from his dealings with the academy to give a bit of balance?

I do hope City do something radical to help the women’s team compete and win. We have not really been too competitive again.
Only City team not to win their league. If all of them can do this in the same season it would be both fantastic and hilarious

That's the 5th stone wall penalty we've not been awarded this year - 3 from that same referee, its not fucking right. That one was just as obvious as the 2 not given against Chelsea. Needless to say the reporting team for Sky had fuck all to say about it despite Taylor rightly bringing it up about this referee and them saying in a preamble they were going to look at it.

Deserved at least a point and didn't get it. The loss and draw to Villa now look horrendously expensive as well as costing Bunny the golden boot!

The only consolation is despite what the red arse cheeks concoct together next week, bottom of the League Reading are getting fucking hammered by Chelsea who will then win the League.

I guarantee United will not be facing Real Madrid or anyone decent in the qualifying rounds of the CL instead will be playing the Hungarian nappy changing, community 11 for a place in the CL League rounds against another bunch of also rans to ensure they reach the knockout phase.

It was interesting to hear Skinner say that even they cannot compete with Chelsea due to their budgets. Does anyone understand the allocation of monies by the parent clubs for the womens game? I knew we were hampered by the limitations of the WSL budget caps in comparison to European clubs but is it also a problem within the WSL itself. No condemnation or worry about Chelsea as they retain the League for a 4th year in a row including the FA Cup. There never was either when Arsenal won it every year when they had complete hegemony as well, just now celebrated as a period of dominance.

We need a whole new strategy I'm afraid as Sky and the wankfest kit kat shufflers are all aboard the united train.

That's the 5th stone wall penalty we've not been awarded this year - 3 from that same referee, its not fucking right. That one was just as obvious as the 2 not given against Chelsea. Needless to say the reporting team for Sky had fuck all to say about it despite Taylor rightly bringing it up about this referee and them saying in a preamble they were going to look at it.

Deserved at least a point and didn't get it. The loss and draw to Villa now look horrendously expensive as well as costing Bunny the golden boot!

The only consolation is despite what the red arse cheeks concoct together next week, bottom of the League Reading are getting fucking hammered by Chelsea who will then win the League.

I guarantee United will not be facing Real Madrid or anyone decent in the qualifying rounds of the CL instead will be playing the Hungarian nappy changing, community 11 for a place in the CL League rounds against another bunch of also rans to ensure they reach the knockout phase.

It was interesting to hear Skinner say that even they cannot compete with Chelsea due to their budgets. Does anyone understand the allocation of monies by the parent clubs for the womens game? I knew we were hampered by the limitations of the WSL budget caps in comparison to European clubs but is it also a problem within the WSL itself. No condemnation or worry about Chelsea as they retain the League for a 4th year in a row including the FA Cup. There never was either when Arsenal won it every year when they had complete hegemony as well, just now celebrated as a period of dominance.

We need a whole new strategy I'm afraid as Sky and the wankfest kit kat shufflers are all aboard the united train.
Not conversant with the rules myself but I do know that even Chelsea are losing 2 of their big name players (Eriksson & Harder) to Bayern Munich next season.

The budget cap in WSL is so soft it shouldn't be limiting any teams wanting to invest in their women's sides at all. The salary cap is set at a % of turnover, but turnover can include unlimited funding from the parent club. So it isn't really true to say that English clubs are at a disadvantage compared to European clubs.
I'm involved in promoting a few events re women's football, and as unpopular as Chelsea are outside of their own fanbase, in my experience they are ahead of other teams currently in investing in the women's game. And I don't just mean in terms of salaries or transfer fees. They actually do a lot in terms of fan engagement etc. I'd like to see other big clubs do the same tbh and make it more competitive.

Gareth Taylor to be offered a one year contract. Why? Has done nothing to deserve this. That’s next season written off as we finish 5th and probably lose our best players….again. A totally clueless coach with no personality or tactical nous. He is surely the weakest link in the entire City Football Group but bizarrely survives….again.

Gareth Taylor to be offered a one year contract. Why? Has done nothing to deserve this. That’s next season written off as we finish 5th and probably lose our best players….again. A totally clueless coach with no personality or tactical nous. He is surely the weakest link in the entire City Football Group but bizarrely survives….again.

^^^^^ This. The women’s team is in terminal decline and the club is keeping the architect in his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.