Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the person/people above him who are the architects of it, he's just the tool they're using. They all need clearing out for people who care and are actually qualified to do the job.
Yep. For all his faults, it's quite clearly a structural issue. This decline has been overseen from the top down. Feels much more like a neglect at a strategic level as much as day to day operational failings.

Not surprised in the slightest.

A yes man that's happy to do what he's told. I'm becoming more and more convinced that the women's team is just a box for the club to tick. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two other higher profile players jump ship in the summer.

It's a shame cos if they put as much effort into the team as they do for the overall match day experience, we'd be flying.

Just looks as if the powers that be at the club have just stopped giving a shit about the Womens side

I don't really understand why this would be the case. The difference between doing the women's side of things properly and half-heartedly must be a tiny, tiny % of the club's overall budget and resources.

The first team is top of the Premier League for the 3rd time in a row.

The EDS are top of PL2 for the 3rd time in a row

The u18s have won the u18 Premier League for the 4th time in a row

Leaving the women's side to slump to it's worst position in 8 years and not winning the WSL since 2016 feels like it's not really embracing the whole "Hollistic" approach.

Last edited:
I don't really understand why this would be the case. The difference between doing the women's side of things properly and half-heartedly must be a tiny, tiny % of the club's overall budget and resources.

Exactly this, and tbh it doesn't make any sense.

Surely the management wants every aspect of their operations to be seen as being successful and progressive, whilst the apparent apathy within the running of the womens team suggest anything but that.

The club must surely realise that the current operation needs a big change of direction and focus.

Leaving the women's side to slump to it's worst position in 8 years and not winning the WSL since 2016 feels like it's not really embracing the whole "Hollistic" approach.

It feels to me that they thought they could just coast along. Chelsea and Arsenal were so established that nobody would really mind so long as we were vaguely in the mix with them each season. And then the drop off in competitiveness in the league after us was so big that they didn't need to think too much about it.
That would have been a disappointing enough attitude for them to have taken in the first place, but on top of that it's awful planning as they haven't been prepared for United to really get their act together in such a short space of time and then for the popularity of the game to grow so quickly off the back of the England team's success. A couple of astute signing from Villa over summer and they will be well up there next year too. The recruitment of Nielsen does at least feel like some kind of statement of intent to put things right.

To back that up, the women's team has a base structure academy, leagues and is exploring ways to bridge the gap from youth to professional. I'd say the club are playing a long-term build technique...

CITY did appear to revolutionise the WSL when it was a summer league. Now, what innovation will they apply next?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.