Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highlights are up on the OS:

Conti Cup highlights

Thanks.

Just watched it. Not sure why posters are complaining at Keating's display in goal looking at Scotland's Number One's (Is she??) performance! Keating would never have made those passing mistakes AND would have come for crosses/ corners.

Who should be in goal is not even a debate, right now.

Thanks.

Just watched it. Not sure why posters are complaining at Keating's display in goal looking at Scotland's Number One's (Is she??) performance! Keating would never have made those passing mistakes AND would have come for crosses/ corners.

Who should be in goal is not even a debate, right now.
It's one of football's mysteries. Roebuck was ahead of Earps for the England berth, Maciver was the PotM in the final when EFC took us to ET, and then Keating makes the most deplorable error for a goalie. Mind. don't suppose Keating would let the ball bounce over her head again in her entire career, and Maciver's footwork will have to get better, and Ellie, what can we do with Ellie?

It's one of football's mysteries. Roebuck was ahead of Earps for the England berth, Maciver was the PotM in the final when EFC took us to ET, and then Keating makes the most deplorable error for a goalie. Mind. don't suppose Keating would let the ball bounce over her head again in her entire career, and Maciver's footwork will have to get better, and Ellie, what can we do with Ellie?

Whilst I'm not completely exonerating Keating for letting the ball bounce over her head, what that showed me was complete ('over' in this case) confidence in her game, rushing out to take control. That experience humbled her, but I'd rather her get that confidence back than replace her with lower quality.

Apart from that, we're stuck, aren't we? What credible keeper would be challenging Keating or be a Number Two that anyone can think of in the Women's team/ squad?

Having just watched the highlights I guess those questioning Keating over Maciver now have the answer as to why Keating is ahead of her.
Though unsure why Roebuck has fell so low or is she injured?

Last edited:
Having just watched the highlights I guess those questioning Meeting over Maciver now have the answer as to why Keating is ahead of her.
Though unsure why Roebuck has fell so low or is she injured?
Don't think there's an injury, more of a mental/motivation thing possibly. In a matter of a few years she's gone from being England's #1 to our 3rd choice in that position (wasn't even on the bench in midweek). We brought MacIver in last year to try & challenge Roebuck as her standards seemed to have dropped from what she was capable of. Obviously Keating impressed more in pre-season and got the nod for the starting games this year. Would imagine either a loan move or moving on from Ellie soon to try & resurrect her career.

Don't think there's an injury, more of a mental/motivation thing possibly. In a matter of a few years she's gone from being England's #1 to our 3rd choice in that position (wasn't even on the bench in midweek). We brought MacIver in last year to try & challenge Roebuck as her standards seemed to have dropped from what she was capable of. Obviously Keating impressed more in pre-season and got the nod for the starting games this year. Would imagine either a loan move or moving on from Ellie soon to try & resurrect her career.
It is nearly a Joe Hartesque fall from grace for Ellie and she was a top keeper no doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.