Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor out?

He should have gone last season for me but the club backed him

We are a bit toothless unless Bunny scores, Also we overplay far too much and don't shoot enough, It's all to nicely nicely stuff without too much of an end product,

We need a new build and money to spend on some new players, Now it's up to the club to give Taylor the money or bring in a new manager with knowledge of the women's game on a world level.

He should have gone last season for me but the club backed him

We are a bit toothless unless Bunny scores, Also we overplay far too much and don't shoot enough, It's all to nicely nicely stuff without too much of an end product,

We need a new build and money to spend on some new players, Now it's up to the club to give Taylor the money or bring in a new manager with knowledge of the women's game on a world level.
Bunny probably had the most ineffectual game yesterday since she came, and we have developed a system that seems ever so easy for ordinary bottom half of the league teams to defend against us. I think only Kelly has permission to shoot from outside the area!

And as for another dollop of money I wouldn't be giving Taylor anything substantial. We need a coach who can influence games from kick off to full time. I think he even had a snipe at the fans for not generating 100+ dB for the entire ninety minutes.

Bunny probably had the most ineffectual game yesterday since she came, and we have developed a system that seems ever so easy for ordinary bottom half of the league teams to defend against us. I think only Kelly has permission to shoot from outside the area!

And as for another dollop of money I wouldn't be giving Taylor anything substantial. We need a coach who can influence games from kick off to full time. I think he even had a snipe at the fans for not generating 100+ dB for the entire ninety minutes.

Why is it not the normal thing to do (SHOOTING) from outside the Box, if there is a weakness in the women's game then it's the keepers, They are a lot smaller than the men but the goalposts are the same size. I would be handing out fines to my strikers and attacking midfield players who pass when the best option would be to shoot.

Simple tactics are sometimes the best option, Shooting from outside the box is one of them

Not really the case at all by my reading of his comments.

It’s easy to single out Taylor- he’s not a good coach and we can clearly do much better but, the appointment of Taylor was and is indicative of the clubs attitude to the women’s team. Taylor was a lazy internal appointment. The women’s team is low priority @ City, we’ve been treading water for at least 3 or 4 years and other clubs have passed us and we are no longer realistic challenges for the title. Until the club commits to the women’s team and sets out to be the best again - Taylor will remain in post because he’s probably only going expected to challenge for a CL place - although he presently looks like he may fall short of that objective. In summary, Taylor is. NOT the problem he is part of the problem. The clubs present ambition in relation to the women’s team is the problem. There was talk of huge changes in the summer but they were clearly shelved. The club hides behind the salary cap and releases most l, if not all of of our star players at the end of their contracts- and there may be an element of truth in this but, the salary cap doesn’t seem to impact our rivals - particularly Chelsea who must have a squad twice the size of our own.

It’s easy to single out Taylor- he’s not a good coach and we can clearly do much better but, the appointment of Taylor was and is indicative of the clubs attitude to the women’s team. Taylor was a lazy internal appointment. The women’s team is low priority @ City, we’ve been treading water for at least 3 or 4 years and other clubs have passed us and we are no longer realistic challenges for the title. Until the club commits to the women’s team and sets out to be the best again - Taylor will remain in post because he’s probably only going expected to challenge for a CL place - although he presently looks like he may fall short of that objective. In summary, Taylor is. NOT the problem he is part of the problem. The clubs present ambition in relation to the women’s team is the problem. There was talk of huge changes in the summer but they were clearly shelved. The club hides behind the salary cap and releases most l, if not all of of our star players at the end of their contracts- and there may be an element of truth in this but, the salary cap doesn’t seem to impact our rivals - particularly Chelsea who must have a squad twice the size of our own.
I agree with a good part of that, but the club do provide him with good players by and large.

Taylor is only "part" of the problem, but the players are also part of the problem too. You can't be having 35 shots on goal in 90 minutes, and not score even once, worse still we didn't really look like scoring (yes I know we hit the crossbar twice), but that is simply not good enough. I'm not sure what the club, or Taylor can do about that, we just don't score enough of our chances, and this is the biggest problem of all for me, and it's been so for several seasons sadly, the players are good enough, but when Kelly has the attitude she had on Sunday, it's little wonder we don't score.

We started this season very well, but were shafted by an official against chelsea, and it's not helped us in subsequent matches, and better finishing against arsenal, and we would have won that game too.

Why is it not the normal thing to do (SHOOTING) from outside the Box, if there is a weakness in the women's game then it's the keepers, They are a lot smaller than the men but the goalposts are the same size. I would be handing out fines to my strikers and attacking midfield players who pass when the best option would be to shoot.

Simple tactics are sometimes the best option, Shooting from outside the box is one of them
Yeah, yer've only to lift the ball off the ground and a foot or so under the bar and most women goalies will be struggling. Yer right re Chloe Kelly - she seems to be the only one who understands the virtue and reward of shooting when there is a clear shooting chance no matter whether yer in or out of the box.

Yeah, yer've only to lift the ball off the ground and a foot or so under the bar and most women goalies will be struggling. Yer right re Chloe Kelly - she seems to be the only one who understands the virtue and reward of shooting when there is a clear shooting chance no matter whether yer in or out of the box.

it's simple really and if you don't buy a ticket you are never going to win the lotto

Maybe it's the coaching side of the game with playing the easy pass and then trying to get around the back and a low cross into the box, Just bloody SHOOT at the first opportunity and if the Keeper saves it or pushes it out or turns it around the post for a corner it will get fans off their bums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.