Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Arsenal made tentative enquiries for Angeldahl in January but we wouldn't entertain it.

Arsenal made tentative enquiries for Angeldahl in January but we wouldn't entertain it.
Roord should be fit for next season and Park has become more of an established alternative since January. In that position we also have Coombs with Hasegawa also able to play that role and I think Fowler could as well if she improves the defensive side of her game. We'd also have time to recruit a replacement easier in the Summer if necessary.

Roord should be fit for next season and Park has become more of an established alternative since January. In that position we also have Coombs with Hasegawa also able to play that role and I think Fowler could as well if she improves the defensive side of her game. We'd also have time to recruit a replacement easier in the Summer if necessary.

Yeah I like Angeldahl but I donit think she's at the level to be first choice in a team challenging for top honours over the course of a season. She's an excellent solid squad player but i imagine she wants to play more than that. We also spent big on Blinkilde Brown in Jan and I expect we'll see a lot more of her next season as you don't spend £200k+ in WSL unless you're serious about a player . I would be happy to let Angeldhal go and try bring a top drawer player in in one or two other positions. I think a world class left back would be good signing for us and if Kelly wants to go i'd take the money and try sign an even better right winger. What a squad we'd have then.

Yeah I like Angeldahl but I donit think she's at the level to be first choice in a team challenging for top honours over the course of a season. She's an excellent solid squad player but i imagine she wants to play more than that. We also spent big on Blinkilde Brown in Jan and I expect we'll see a lot more of her next season as you don't spend £200k+ in WSL unless you're serious about a player . I would be happy to let Angeldhal go and try bring a top drawer player in in one or two other positions. I think a world class left back would be good signing for us and if Kelly wants to go i'd take the money and try sign an even better right winger. What a squad we'd have then.

I thought Ouahabi was dreadful when she joined, but this season she's been excellent. I still don't feel she's top defensively, but she helps in the build up a lot now.

We've also just signed Tara O'Hanlon who is highly rated, though I'm not sure what the plan for her is. She could be one for left back though.

Agree about Angeldahl though, only ever a squad player, but one we couldn't afford to lose in January. If we can improve that position in the summer though that would be good.

Forgot to include Blinkilde Brown. The loss of Kelly wouldn't upset me as much as it would've last year either, though wouldn't like to see her sold to a rival. Could be an interesting Summer and expecting another few departures that will be sad to see go (Morgan perhaps).

I thought Ouahabi was dreadful when she joined, but this season she's been excellent. I still don't feel she's top defensively, but she helps in the build up a lot now.

We've also just signed Tara O'Hanlon who is highly rated, though I'm not sure what the plan for her is. She could be one for left back though.

Agree about Angeldahl though, only ever a squad player, but one we couldn't afford to lose in January. If we can improve that position in the summer though that would be good.
Also think both of our full-backs have improved this season and O'Hanlon looks to be a good option for the future.

Agree Ouahabi has been really reliable this season and she's extended her contract too. But obvs she was found wanting against Geyse. She won't come up against players that good every week but i think she is probably one of the players where it would be easier to find an upgrade and at 31 it's probably a good time to be looking for them. had it in my head that O'Hanlon was a RB but yeah you're right she's LB so hopefully there's more to come from her!

Forgot to include Blinkilde Brown. The loss of Kelly wouldn't upset me as much as it would've last year either, though wouldn't like to see her sold to a rival. Could be an interesting Summer and expecting another few departures that will be sad to see go (Morgan perhaps).

Also think both of our full-backs have improved this season and O'Hanlon looks to be a good option for the future.

I can't really see Kelly leaving for a direct rival. I think she'd probably only want to go back to London if she stayed in the WSL and i don't see her getting in Arsenal or Chelsea's team. Maybe she'd go abroad and I'd love that for her tbh. Think she's a great character in women's football and played well first half of the season, but on the field not in the same class as Hemp on the other side. If it's true she's thinking of leaving i'd wish her all the best, take the cash while we can and look to upgrade.

I can't really see Kelly leaving for a direct rival. I think she'd probably only want to go back to London if she stayed in the WSL and i don't see her getting in Arsenal or Chelsea's team. Maybe she'd go abroad and I'd love that for her tbh. Think she's a great character in women's football and played well first half of the season, but on the field not in the same class as Hemp on the other side. If it's true she's thinking of leaving i'd wish her all the best, take the cash while we can and look to upgrade.

One of the problems of competition for places, someone always has to lose out. Been really impressed by Fowler every time I'd seen her and was hoping she'd get more chances - I hadn't expected that it's be instead of Kelly, but she's done really well there, she's talented and an intelligent player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.