Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

If it was just the coaching staff, I'd have had a guess that it was a move aimed at putting pressure on Taylor to walk....

The Nielsen one throws doubt on that and on the face of it, is quite concerning?

If it was just the coaching staff, I'd have had a guess that it was a move aimed at putting pressure on Taylor to walk....

The Nielsen one throws doubt on that and on the face of it, is quite concerning?
What I find concerning is this news may show the club has placed a very low bar on the women's game. After the Euro's win the women's game suddenly gained much more media exposure - crowds were up and matches were being played at main grounds - City decided to let a lot of experienced players leave and embarked on a re-build. Fine I get that and it was obvious building a good side would take time. They then went out and got a well respected DoF to support a manager who was not exactly capable of a rebuild on his own (that's another topic). Nils went out signed one of the world's best midfielders on a 3 year deal, got possibly our best player to commit to a longer deal and was actively trying to add even more world class talent.

Suddenly we hear that all that is gone with yet another manoeuvre or change of tact with Taylor seemingly surviving the change. Is this a good plan I ask myself? Only last month Nils gave a long interview about his vision for the future. Has that upset someone higher up? Has his expectations not been met and he has had enough? Has the club got a bigger plan with a new person coming in? I would have thought if that was the case Taylor would have been toast.

For fans who have enjoyed seeing some progress this year this is extremely worrying. Roord, Hemp and others may have a re-think and where will that leave this current squad...It's all conjecture on my part but as I said earlier this is a major worry considering the investment in new facilities (Nils wanted that as a priority) would suggest that this may be a simple clash of personalities which would be considered petty & put us further behind Europes elite.

Ignoring Nielsen going, as sometimes new people clash and things sometimes just don't work out.

However, Mahon and Goater? Normally an assistant would only go if offered a better position, or if the manager goes...

Makes me wonder if we're waiting to announce another exit. Unlikely, but you never know.

Apparently Nils has left to go back to being a coach according to this article.

Goalkeeper coach Chris Williams has also left so the only first team coach remaining is Gareth Taylor. Hopefully we’re looking to bring in higher quality coaches?

Apparently Nils has left to go back to being a coach according to this article.

Goalkeeper coach Chris Williams has also left so the only first team coach remaining is Gareth Taylor. Hopefully we’re looking to bring in higher quality coaches?

Normally coaches work as teams, along with the manager.... It'd probably make more sense to change the whole lot rather than leave the manager...

Last edited:
That is a lot of upheaval, Nielsen hasn't been in post for a long time. It doesn't look good if that many people leave in one go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.