Women's Team Thread 2024/2025

Job done in the end and on the balance of play it was deserved. Yamashita looks like a quality keeper. Good with her feet, decent on pens (saved 2 and almost a 3rd) and made an important save in the game too. Think that MacIver might be off soon after she's recovered.

Think we're still a little lightweight in the midfield until Jill returns and not sure the defensive options are enough as it stands if we get another injury to a starter. Options going forward look good though.

I have had enough of pens already, mens team, eds and now womens team.
I've had more 'n my fair share of pens that the refs have fucked off and chalked them off as 'a coming together'! There's barely a game goes by without a pen goin' begging! The pen we got was down as a goal kick to start with FFS, and then there was the foul on Harland in the first half

Yamashita - 3 fantastic saves kept us in the game when the changes made us look exposed & brilliant in the pen shootout. We are turning Japanese - great stuff. Viv was quality - add Roord & Alexi and we may do something great this year.

This would be my first choice 11 after watching the Olympics and today (when all are fit) - tough on Jess and Khiara but they are young and will get chances. Don't know how Chloe will feel about it but we cannot afford to lose Mary Fowler or Laia as many clubs would be in for them.

Yamashita
Casparij - Laia - Greenwood - Leila/Tara
Roord - Yui - Meidema
Hemp - Bunny - Fowler

Yamashita - 3 fantastic saves kept us in the game when the changes made us look exposed & brilliant in the pen shootout. We are turning Japanese - great stuff. Viv was quality - add Roord & Alexi and we may do something great this year.

This would be my first choice 11 after watching the Olympics and today (when all are fit) - tough on Jess and Khiara but they are young and will get chances. Don't know how Chloe will feel about it but we cannot afford to lose Mary Fowler or Laia as many clubs would be in for them.

Yamashita
Casparij - Laia - Greenwood - Leila/Tara
Roord - Yui - Meidema
Hemp - Bunny - Fowler
That could be the best starting eleven in the league, but what will Taylor do with them. When we first went to the Academy from the Athletics stadium we had a couple of seasons of beautiful, flowing, pacy football, but latterly, despite the results, it has been trying to open a can 'o beans without a tin opener. Today was another example of all possession without an edge! I suspect PSG will be the other finalists and we'd have to inject something into the game beside passing across the back!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.