Women's Team Thread 2024/2025

Yamashita - 3 fantastic saves kept us in the game when the changes made us look exposed & brilliant in the pen shootout. We are turning Japanese - great stuff. Viv was quality - add Roord & Alexi and we may do something great this year.

This would be my first choice 11 after watching the Olympics and today (when all are fit) - tough on Jess and Khiara but they are young and will get chances. Don't know how Chloe will feel about it but we cannot afford to lose Mary Fowler or Laia as many clubs would be in for them.

Yamashita
Casparij - Laia - Greenwood - Leila/Tara
Roord - Yui - Meidema
Hemp - Bunny - Fowler
Think Khiara will be our starting keeper (deserves it after last season (golden gloves winner don't forget)) although Yamashita may be our cup goalie for this year to give her the game time. Will also have to wait a while yet to see Jill back in the lineup unfortunately. I'm not sure that a midfield 3 comprising Yui, Jess & Viv are imposing enough physically to cope with some of the games

Yamashita - 3 fantastic saves kept us in the game when the changes made us look exposed & brilliant in the pen shootout. We are turning Japanese - great stuff. Viv was quality - add Roord & Alexi and we may do something great this year.

This would be my first choice 11 after watching the Olympics and today (when all are fit) - tough on Jess and Khiara but they are young and will get chances. Don't know how Chloe will feel about it but we cannot afford to lose Mary Fowler or Laia as many clubs would be in for them.

Yamashita
Casparij - Laia - Greenwood - Leila/Tara
Roord - Yui - Meidema
Hemp - Bunny - Fowler
I know it is early, but have in mind our new recruit: Aoba Fujino. Apparently today she had a very good game when she came in the second half (I haven’t seen the game). I have seen her with Japan. She is only 20, but very promising. I am convinced that in general we have the best squad and should win the league. As much as I hope the coach succeeds this season, I am also afraid he will struggle, as he did before, managing a strong squad. We will have just to wait and see.

I know it is early, but have in mind our new recruit: Aoba Fujino. Apparently today she had a very good game when she came in the second half (I haven’t seen the game). I have seen her with Japan. She is only 20, but very promising. I am convinced that in general we have the best squad and should win the league. As much as I hope the coach succeeds this season, I am also afraid he will struggle, as he did before, managing a strong squad. We will have just to wait and see.
Looked a touch one-footed to me. Plenty of times she had the opportunity to take her full-back on the outside while playing on the left but refused and cut back on to her right foot each and every time. Still early doors though so no opinion formed permanently as yet.

I agree with Aoba - she looked very promising today - direct with a lot of quality. I think she should have a big role this year and looked comfortable on either flank - Mary and her swapped a lot in the 2nd half. Viv looked a class above when she came on and the whole team improved.

I also agree with your point about Jess - today all their pressure came from her losing the ball in midfield, against a top side that would be a problem. I just hope that the reports on Jill being nearly ready for full training are accurate - we need her. Having Laia as centre back helps too as she can step into midfield & is arguable one of the best defenders in the squad.

One big problem with Taylor ball is how passive we are bringing the ball out. With the quality wide players we have they must try to speed that up to create one on ones or get Yui on the ball earlier. So I have to agree on your last point I can see Taylor struggling to manage the squad. A lot depends on Jill - I would have cashed in on Chloe Kelly to strengthen our spine as the two new centre backs are very inexperienced and Blindkilde-Brown will have big shoes to fill if either Jill or Yui get injured.

Looked a touch one-footed to me. Plenty of times she had the opportunity to take her full-back on the outside while playing on the left but refused and cut back on to her right foot each and every time. Still early doors though so no opinion formed permanently as yet.
I thought she did well - got two great crosses in one for Viv who hit the bar and one for Bunny who got a header on target. Watching her for Japan she has a powerful shot and for a 20 year old she looked more direct than Kelly who again failed to create a good chance - only a friendly but as we only have 2 it's important Mr Taylor makes the right calls as the league will be won by a team only losing max 2 games this year and we cannot afford a slow start.

I agree with Aoba - she looked very promising today - direct with a lot of quality. I think she should have a big role this year and looked comfortable on either flank - Mary and her swapped a lot in the 2nd half. Viv looked a class above when she came on and the whole team improved.

I also agree with your point about Jess - today all their pressure came from her losing the ball in midfield, against a top side that would be a problem. I just hope that the reports on Jill being nearly ready for full training are accurate - we need her. Having Laia as centre back helps too as she can step into midfield & is arguable one of the best defenders in the squad.

One big problem with Taylor ball is how passive we are bringing the ball out. With the quality wide players we have they must try to speed that up to create one on ones or get Yui on the ball earlier. So I have to agree on your last point I can see Taylor struggling to manage the squad. A lot depends on Jill - I would have cashed in on Chloe Kelly to strengthen our spine as the two new centre backs are very inexperienced and Blindkilde-Brown will have big shoes to fill if either Jill or Yui get injured.

I'm not one bit worried about Park. She was the stand out player in the division for me for a good part of last season and i expect she'll be up to speed soon. Agree we're a little light deeper in midfield though. I wonder if roord will go a little deeper now that Miedema has arrived and Park has become more of a 10

I'm not one bit worried about Park. She was the stand out player in the division for me for a good part of last season and i expect she'll be up to speed soon. Agree we're a little light deeper in midfield though. I wonder if roord will go a little deeper now that Miedema has arrived and Park has become more of a 10
Yep - I think there will be no problem when we have the ball it's just a worry when we lose possession and have to face faster transitions. Park is a great little player but her strength has always been further forward running at defences. Good shout about Jill being deeper but that would depend on how strong her knee feels for contact tackles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.