Wonder how many were at the 5-1 v Charlton 1985

Was in the Birch villa having a cpl of pints as per norm set off to ground about 2 40 saw the lines of people waitng to get in took a age to get in but bloody hell,was perhaps the best atmosphere ive witnessed at Maine road..just billiant,never been so jammed in the kippax,just a great day to be at Maine rd
got home and the news was showing images of what had happened at Bradford earlyer,so this match is remembered by myself as one of the best days to be a blue, and that ordinary people who should have been celebrating the last home match of the season at Bradford never went home from that match
whenever this match is mentioned i think of both events,and think the latter changed football forever

Was in the main stand right at the front that day. Eddie Large was on the bench (not as a sub though) and signed my programme.

This was the season before I got my first season ticket (had one ever since)

Ws on the Kippax. Towards the top right (if you were looking from the pith up to it) but only about half way up though. Could barely move for people. Happy days.

was in my usual place on the kippax,no one ever stood in my spot which everyone seemed to have.Then the news on the radio put a dampener on it.2 Lincoln fans also died that day at Bradford,one of their stands is named after them both.Got about 5 pics of that day,one was used as a front cover of Main Stand View fanzine.

Swapped my kippax season ticket for a main stand for some reason.

did exactly the same for some reason, but what a day my brother in law still has it on betamax lol

was on the pitch at the end of the season before when we beat cambridge 5-0 but this was better !!!

at notts county on the monday before absolutly hammered on our mini bus three of them swam across the river trent for some reason what a season, only missed 5 games all year

My favourite ever City match. Lovely day, great result, the Kippax rammed to fuck. Someone blasting a bugle, a gorgeous latin/mixed race girl, long curly hair and big brown eyes in a tight t-shirt behind me (as a 16 year old I think she kept me in wanking material for months!). On the Maine Road pitch for the first and only time afterwards. Beats the 5-1er hand down in my book.
Police sent horses on eventually, and some poor lad got his foot trod on, can still picture the tv footage of him limping about!

Used to go in the Platt Lane with my old fella and younger sister. At half time i'd meet me mates behind the goals and then we'd go and sit near the hoodlums for the second half, and meet back up with the old fella at the end of the game. 10 mins to go and i was one of many hanging off the fences and streamed on to the pitch. After running around like a nutter for 5 mins or so, thought i'd better make my way back for the expected bollocking of me dad. Half way there i spot him with me sister and they're running across the pitch towards me - happy days !!!

kippax boy said:
I was there ended up in the North Stand somehow , I was at Nott County away the game before where there was a load of trouble.I think it was the same year as Charlton.
Just remember us being behind and playing shite and there was minor crowd trouble in the away end.
The next thing I remember someone on the tannoy saying if the trouble continued the game would be abandoned and the away got smashed to pieces.

Remember that 5-1 as clear as yesterday!! Was in the Kippax with my Dad, I was 11 & used to take a wooden box to stand on so I could see - somehow ended up going over a barrier & it took me ages to find me Dad again!!

Was at that Notts County game as well. Can remember it kicking off & my Dad holding onto a barrier in front of us to stop me getting crushed. Probably should have been scared but it wasn't as as scary as my Grandma (who was a proper scary woman) when we got back to Manchester going mental & hitting my Dad with a slipper saying "A football match is no place for a girl!!!" Needless to say, he didn't listen & neither did I!!! Happy days!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.