Words you hate?

Most of the corporate jargon ones. The sad thing is that its easy to fall into using them and I will be making an effort not to use them in future. I'm currently on two weeks paid leave before starting a new job and was doing my best towards the end to speak normally.

"Great cadence" - what the fuck does this mean?Are you praising me for my voice?
"High level" - the thing you are showing me is not high level. Its a PowerPoint full of acronyms. What the fuck does this mean?
"Drill down" - we are neither dentists or oil drillers. What the fuck does this mean?
"Touch base"- touch the base of what? Do I have a base? The last time somebody said this to me I told him in no uncertain terms that neither he or I would be touching anything.

Most of the corporate jargon ones. The sad thing is that its easy to fall into using them and I will be making an effort not to use them in future. I'm currently on two weeks paid leave before starting a new job and was doing my best towards the end to speak normally.

"Great cadence" - what the fuck does this mean?Are you praising me for my voice?
"High level" - the thing you are showing me is not high level. Its a PowerPoint full of acronyms. What the fuck does this mean?
"Drill down" - we are neither dentists or oil drillers. What the fuck does this mean?
"Touch base"- touch the base of what? Do I have a base? The last time somebody said this to me I told him in no uncertain terms that neither he or I would be touching anything.
Only a bit of blue sky thinking outside of the box can get us away for this plateau of disillusionment.

Someone starting a sentence with 'listen" is just about where i exit...it's like a new age ' see you jimmy' for people who own far too much black clothing.

With the deposing of Trump, I don't watch as much US news, but the word used so often on it that had me reaching for my assault rifle was "Normalcy". Even typing that has made me angry.

Normality, you fucking cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.