Working in town

Drive in from either hyde rd or Ashton old rd and park up on or around manor st at the back of ardwick green and walk into town.

It is mainly double yellow, but has some on street and I am sure it is a blind spot between town and ardwick parking zones.

10 min walk to the station free bus from there.

I used to work and live in town when I was a young 'un, working on the doors.

Positives: 5 mins into work, fit birds to take home every now & then, mostly easy nights, 5 mins home.

Negatives: 5 mins into work, colleagues took the p*ss as I could cover them if they couldn't be arsed, kn*bheads to deal with that got chucked out at night in the daytime, from time to time!

After 10 years it wore on me, decided to up and leave before it got to me.

So rare to go back into town, now.

Never been happier!

I love it. Drive in can be a pain but generally stay in town two or three nights a week.

Have a walk into Piccadilly most days. Say hello to a few people on route and nip in empire exchange and read a few of programmes.

Meetings in Spinningfields a few times a week as I have a pint in a different pub most nights.

It’s a bloody great place.

It’s good in the summer when you can walk through town and appreciate some of the beauty Manchester has to offer.

Those new towers at the end of Deansgate are beautiful!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.