ForzaMancini said:
Hart
Kompany
Yaya
Silva
Aguero
Tevez

Them 6 are 100% world class players

Players who could become world class are Balotelli, Richards, Clichy, Nasri and Dzeko maybe a couple more too

again ; hart based on what ?

Based on the fact that the poster, like me, obviously feels that he is either the best or one of the very best goalkeepers in the world; for me there is no other goalie I would want instead of him, not a one - Buffon has been better, and may still be slightly better than Joe, but given the age difference I would prefer Joe Hart by a mile (maybe you are like mark hughes and think shay fucking given is a better keeper)

For me our world class players are Yaya, Kompany, Silva, Aguero and Tevez. I reckon Hart and Balotelli will be world class in a few years though.

BringBackSwales said:
Mancio said:
ForzaMancini said:
Hart
Kompany
Yaya
Silva
Aguero
Tevez

Them 6 are 100% world class players

Players who could become world class are Balotelli, Richards, Clichy, Nasri and Dzeko maybe a couple more too

again ; hart based on what ?

Based on the fact that the poster, like me, obviously feels that he is either the best or one of the very best goalkeepers in the world; for me there is no other goalie I would want instead of him, not a one - Buffon has been better, and may still be slightly better than Joe, but given the age difference I would prefer Joe Hart by a mile (maybe you are like mark hughes and think shay fucking given is a better keeper)

you have got any right to have a feeling ; i only ask on what that feeling is based ?

Undoubtedly more than any oher team in the Premiership by a country mile. The rags know this also which actually gives me wet dreams :)

danburge82 said:
bluemoon risin' said:
How many have we at City that are genuine 'world class'?
I say four. Hart, Kompany, Silva, and Aguero.
There is no such thing as world class. There are no guidelines in which to base any considerations on. To one man world class could mean a player that would get in a world's best XI; to others it could be anyone who has good technique and plays well from time to time.
All of the players mentioned are internationals, all are at the top of their game, and most would get into the squad of the worlds best clubs.

Danburge, what and who do you consider world class to be?

I'm off to the game shortly, up the 'world class' blues! ;)

The answer to this always depends on your definition of world class.

My own would be in the top 2 in their position ie 22 players.

On that basis:

Yaya

Silva

Kompany

There must be 10,000 professional footballers, at the least. Could we say that the top 1% are world class? That'd make at least 100 by reckoning, so call it top 10 players in every position? at that point, i'd say more than half of the squad, probably most.

Yaya is the first name. Is he co captain now? Seems he wore the arm band often during the preseason.

If you were picking players to play in a game now it would go in my opinion.

Yaya
Kompany
Silva
Tevez (could be as high as 2nd)

Genuine world class? I'd say Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva, Aguero and Tevez (though that is overlooking his absence last season so is perhaps being generous, but over 3 years when he has played he can be brilliant).

I can't believe I'm saying it after Arsenal away last season, but I do think Balotelli shows glimpses of being world class, his temperament from the spot is like nothing I have seen before and his finish against Germany at the Euros was sublime (as was his volley against Ireland). He is on the way if he channels himself in the right way, he needs to deliver consistently but he has time on his side.

Nasri I think can give a world class performance on the day but he needs to raise his game for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.