World Cup 2018 | 7th July | QF: Sweden vs England Match Thread, KO 15:00 (BST)

We've had managers in the past who were former England internationals with tournament experience as players.
Good point, off the top of my head glen hoddle didn’t really use that experience very well, most of the other English managers were experienced club managers and maybe that was the problem.

I have listened to Big get Sam this week. We would be out by now as he would have a back 4 with Rashford up front. .
I don't like some of the decisions Southgate has made (Dier, and a half fit Alli) but his man management skills have been great. Probably best I can remember for an England squad.

I wish I could say I've seen evidence of that. But I haven't, least ways not amongst the English fan base.
Gary Neville and a couple of non-city fans I have heard on radio phone ins. Still a lot of n*bheads saying otherwise though.

I have listened to Big get Sam this week. We would be out by now as he would have a back 4 with Rashford up front. .
I don't like some of the decisions Southgate has made (Dier, and a half fit Alli) but his man management skills have been great. Probably best I can remember for an England squad.

I think it helps that some of them have come through the England ranks together with Southgate as their boss.

It's amazing to think that he only got the job by accident.

I like that he hasn't succumbed to the nation's entire population thinking they should be the ones picking the team. Ditto the poxy media dickhead platoon.

Gary Neville and a couple of non-city fans I have heard on radio phone ins. Still a lot of n*bheads saying otherwise though.
Well I'm glad a few are acknowledging it but the rest of them of really starting to piss me off now.

Good point, off the top of my head glen hoddle didn’t really use that experience very well, most of the other English managers were experienced club managers and maybe that was the problem.

Hoddle did alright. Was one of the better England managers of the past 28 years, IMO. Was unlucky to lose that quarter final against Argentina. Matched them over the 120 minutes, at the very least - even with ten men. But for Beckham's silly sending off and the incorrect (IMO) decision to disallow Campbell's extra time headed goal, Hoddle would also have taken his team to the World Cup semi finals.

I think it helps that some of them have come through the England ranks together with Southgate as their boss.

It's amazing to think that he only got the job by accident.

As I understand, he showed some balls by not accepting a temporary role and demanding a contract.

Don't you dare play 4-4-fucking-2.....

36769231_10155405273837187_5399469259162124288_n.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.