World Cup Predictions

baildon blue said:
aguero93:20 said:
baildon blue said:
I know Iran will have a crap world cup )
I know Costa Rica will have a crap world cup )
I know Algeria will have a crap world cup )
I know Australia will have a crap world cup )
I know Cameroon will have a crap world cup )
I know Japan will have a crap World cup )
I know Honduras will have a crap world cup )
These sort of teams make world cup shite . I used to like watching the minnows qualify for the world cup . Not anymore it makes it more boring . Plus the world cup was better even with 24 teams .
Wouldn't bet on it, Japan to make the quarters for me.
I don't think so . I think Ivory Coast will come 2nd with Columbia top . So Japan will do nothing . Like all the Asian teams that have qualified .
Like the Japan team in the last world cup?
Or by the sounds of it, more like the Ivory Coast team in the last world cup (before Drogba and Kolo got old).
Columbia will do nothing without Falcao, Jackson Martinez isn't good enough.
For me it's:
Japan 1st
Ivory Coast or Columbia 2nd.

baildon blue said:
Wouldn't bet on it, Japan to make the quarters for me.
I don't think so . I think Ivory Coast will come 2nd with Columbia top . So Japan will do nothing . Like all the Asian teams that have qualified .
Like the Japan team in the last world cup?
Or by the sounds of it, more like the Ivory Coast team in the last world cup (before Drogba and Kolo got old).
Columbia will do nothing without Falcao, Jackson Martinez isn't good enough.
For me it's:
Japan 1st
Ivory Coast or Columbia 2nd.
I didn't realise Japan got to the last 16 in South Africa . Still don't think they will get to the last 16 this year . I think the likes of Ghana and Ivory Coast will have a better world cup .

NQCitizen said:
Matty said:
NQCitizen said:
Dzeko could be top scorer. Hat trick against Iran, 2 against Algeria and one when they go out in R16. Could easily make for a golden boot.

I'm assuming you meant Nigeria rather than Algeria.

I guess I did! Well spotted.

Still - Dzeko for the golden boot.
Went to have a fiver on him Ladbrokes -80/1 but when bet was going through it came up at 50/1 even though coupon stated 80s?
Do they know something we dont ?

roslers number plate said:
NQCitizen said:
Matty said:
I'm assuming you meant Nigeria rather than Algeria.

I guess I did! Well spotted.

Still - Dzeko for the golden boot.
Went to have a fiver on him Ladbrokes -80/1 but when bet was going through it came up at 50/1 even though coupon stated 80s?
Do they know something we dont ?

That is still a ludicrously good price. I bet his goal record is in the top 10 for all the strikers there and it's a group Bosnia could easily make it out of.

Winners: Brazil.

The Brazilian strengths are obvious. Home nation and spirit, always seem together and in tandem with each other and they are my pick to win the thing.
But the other football giant Germany will also be fighting to the last. The world cup is and may always be Brazil and Germany tournament. Germany are very unlucky to have only won it three times.

The new guys on the block that is challenging the elite is obviously Spain and although they have been dominant in the last 8 years or so, I will pick the earlier teams over them in this tournament. The players are getting past it and the manager is making odd decisions.

I will also pick Argentina ahead of Spain but pretty close.It is more or less a home tournament For Argentina and they will have a lot of support. Even Messi and Aguero seemed to be preparing for this tournament from mid season and they are ready. Spain can win it obviously but I will pick these three teams ahead of them.

And there is Italy, never rule out Italy. I always say that nations win world cup not players and like Brazil and Germany, there is something inherent about them and their togetherness that always seems to shine through. The Italians are not the strongest but don't write them off.

Outside shot: France
Although I was disappointed with the Nasri situation, there is something about this french team that make me think they can fly under the radar and shock the world.They are a team of calamity and ignominy but don't be too surprised if France gets to the final. England is a mystery as this is a transition team so they can shock the world and do well ( not win it obviously but get far) or they can crash out losing all their games.Something inbetween will probably manifest but they are a mystery and you cannot predict how the team will perform. Uraguay and Portugal will be in there as well but to be clear my outside shot for the tournament is France.

Dark horses: These are teams that will obviously not win it but can cause a lot of waves this tournament. I will say Colombia. In this media centric world, the Colombians compared to the Belgians do not get enough coverage because not many of them play in England.So if you say who are the dark horses most will say Belgium because media has made people believe the formula that the strength of a team is a function of number of players in the premier league. I am talking about the middle teams by the way and not the elite teams.
I think Colombia can cause a lot of surprises this tournament and get to quarters or even further.

Yeah so it is the regulars: Brazil, Germany or Argentina, Spain that will probably win it but watch out for a few teams to impress like Colombia, Bosnia, Croatia,Ghana, Chile, and # rolls eyes # perhaps Belgium.

Netherlands like England may crash or do well, you never know as they are also a transition team albeit with very experienced world class players.Personally I predict the Dutch will have a poor tournament.

For good football, you can't go wrong with Chile, Spain, Brazil( If or when things are going their way) and any Arabic/ middle eastern team, including North African teams.They always play good football with a lot of flair, technical prowess, energy and movement so this may surprise you but watch Iran.

In terms of players of the tournament, golden boot and all that, it is difficult to predict because a surprising player, like Forlan did last time around,can have a good tournament and dominate.

But I will say this, the world cup is the greatest tournament in the world and if a player really wants to be remembered and held in the ages as great, he has to captivate the minds of the world, mesmorize them and right his own story in the greatest stage of all.

So over to you Messi.

If the Brazil performance against Serbia was anything to off then I don't see Brazil as winners.

There is something about this Brazil team that just doesn't scream out to me winners, home advantage or not.

They were getting booed by their own fans against Serbia and I reckon a few bad moments in certain games and the fans could make or break the team.

Blueband Brother said:

The Brazilian strengths are obvious. Home nation and spirit, always seem together and in tandem with each other and they are my pick to win the thing.
But the other football giant Germany will also be fighting to the last. The world cup is and may always be Brazil and Germany tournament. Germany are very unlucky to have only won it three times.

The new guys on the block that is challenging the elite is obviously Spain and although they have been dominant in the last 8 years or so, I will pick the earlier teams over them in this tournament. The players are getting past it and the manager is making odd decisions.

I will also pick Argentina ahead of Spain but pretty close.It is more or less a home tournament For Argentina and they will have a lot of support. Even Messi and Aguero seemed to be preparing for this tournament from mid season and they are ready. Spain can win it obviously but I will pick these three teams ahead of them.

And there is Italy, never rule out Italy. I always say that nations win world cup not players and like Brazil and Germany, there is something inherent about them and their togetherness that always seems to shine through. The Italians are not the strongest but don't write them off.

Although I was disappointed with the Nasri situation, there is something about this french team that make me think they can fly under the radar and shock the world.They are a team of calamity and ignominy but don't be too surprised if France gets to the final. England is a mystery as this is a transition team so they can shock the world and do well ( not win it obviously but get far) or they can crash out losing all their games.Something inbetween will probably manifest but they are a mystery and you cannot predict how the team will perform. Uraguay and Portugal will be in there as well but to be clear my outside shot for the tournament is France.

Dark horses: These are teams that will obviously not win it but can cause a lot of waves this tournament. I will say Colombia. In this media centric world, the Colombians compared to the Belgians do not get enough coverage because not many of them play in England.So if you say who are the dark horses most will say Belgium because media has made people believe the formula that the strength of a team is a function of number of players in the premier league. I am talking about the middle teams by the way and not the elite teams.
I think Colombia can cause a lot of surprises this tournament and get to quarters or even further.

Yeah so it is the regulars: Brazil, Germany or Argentina, Spain that will probably win it but watch out for a few teams to impress like Colombia, Bosnia, Croatia,Ghana, Chile, and # rolls eyes # perhaps Belgium.

Netherlands like England may crash or do well, you never know as they are also a transition team albeit with very experienced world class players.Personally I predict the Dutch will have a poor tournament.

For good football, you can't go wrong with Chile, Spain, Brazil( If or when things are going their way) and any Arabic/ middle eastern team, including North African teams.They always play good football with a lot of flair, technical prowess, energy and movement so this may surprise you but watch Iran.

In terms of players of the tournament, golden boot and all that, it is difficult to predict because a surprising player, like Forlan did last time around,can have a good tournament and dominate.

But I will say this, the world cup is the greatest tournament in the world and if a player really wants to be remembered and held in the ages as great, he has to captivate the minds of the world, mesmorize them and right his own story in the greatest stage of all.

So over to you Messi.

If that's your own work, that's an excellent write up.

Blue Punter said:
Blueband Brother said:

So over to you Messi.

If that's your own work, that's an excellent write up.

It is and thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.