World Cup Predictions

blue_paul said:
. Germany will be strongest of the European sides

only on paper

The keeper, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Schmelzer (the only experienced left back) all not fit, Gündogan and both of the Bender twins not there at all and with Miro Klose and Kevin Volland only two strikers in the team.

Ruhr said:
blue_paul said:

only on paper

The keeper, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Schmelzer (the only experienced left back) all not fit, Gündogan and both of the Bender twins not there at all and with Miro Klose and Kevin Volland only two strikers in the team.

Interesting. Are the unfit players due back for the group games, I'd no idea Germany had that amount of injuries. Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Neuer will be huge misses. Khedira wasn't expected back this quickly after such a serious injury so it was a stretch to see him match fit for the world cup in fairness.

Think England might surprise this time, predict a quarter final. I think this might be the most technical England squad in a while and while not up to the elite standards i can see us challenging for the euros in the future. I think in about ten years half the England squad will have come through our academy whether there still at the club or not.

Think another embarrassing tournament for England. Not Enough skill and talent on show.

jonmcity said:
Think another embarrassing tournament for England. Not Enough skill and talent on show.
Usually it's better to be an underdog in this competition, don't forget Italy (1982-2006), Germany (1990), Argentina (1986), also France (1998).

blue_paul said:
Ruhr said:
blue_paul said:

only on paper

Interesting. Are the unfit players due back for the group games, I'd no idea Germany had that amount of injuries. Lahm, Schweinsteiger and Neuer will be huge misses. Khedira wasn't expected back this quickly after such a serious injury so it was a stretch to see him match fit for the world cup in fairness.

Schweinsteiger is in team training and has not been out that long.

Lahm and Neuer got injuries in the cup final. Lahm is already back running since some days and will start team training soon - he is not in danger for the World Cup. Neuer is told to be fine until the World Cup, too.

Schmelzer - maybe it is better if he does not play. Großkreutz and Durm can play the position, too - and that could be an advantage... ;)

Khedira is fit - he just needs rhythm and match practice. He has been in team training at Real since mid of April.

If everything works out, Germany will have a fit and full squad for the start of the World Cup...

citykev28 said:
Markt85 said:
who would you pick for this ?

Pot 1 Brazil,Argentina,Germany,Spain,
Pot 2 Belgium,France,Colombia,Italy,Portugal,England,Holland,Uruguay,Chile
Pot 3 Russia, Switzerland, Japan, Bosnia, Croatia,Ecuador, Ivory Coast, Mexico, USA, Ghana, Greece, Nigeria
Pot 4 South Korea, Australia, Cameroon, Iran, Algeria, Costa Rica, Honduras

1 team from each pot and a goalscorer for each of the teams you selected

Argentina - Aguero
Portugal - Ronaldo
Ivory Coast - Drogba
South Korea - Fuck Knows Who

cheers Kev.. anyone else ?? need to win this !!!

citykev28 said:
Markt85 said:

Pot 3 Russia, Switzerland, Japan, Bosnia, Croatia,Ecuador, Ivory Coast, Mexico, USA, Ghana, Greece, Nigeria

Argentina - Aguero
Portugal - Ronaldo
Ivory Coast - Drogba
South Korea - Fuck Knows Who

Strange names these Koreans......

Markt85 said:

Pot 1 - I'd have to go for the Argentinians, their half of the draw is much easier. Aguero or Messi would be their top scorrer you'd think, I'd go for Aguero as I reckon the "rest" he's had this season due to injuries will mean he's fitter than you'd expect at the end of a long season.

Pot 2 - This is a tough pot to call. If Falcao was definitely fit then I;d consider the Colombia/Falcao pairing, but that looks unlikely even if he is named in their squad. Uruguay/Suarez is a possibility too, but with Uruguay having England and Italy in their group they could easily fall at the first hurdle. I think I'd have to go for Belgium, and for a scorer I'd go for Lukaku (as Benteke is out injured so he'll probably play most games).

Pot 3 - Bosnia and Dzeko. Their group isn't too tough, and neither would be their round 2 opponent. Dzeko was on fire at the end of the season and I can see them making the Quarter Final and Dzeko scoring 4 goals in the process.

Pot 4 - Some pretty shit teams in here! Going purely off the quality of the other sides they will play I'd have to plump for South Korea. In a group containing Belgium, Russia and Algeria they've got a shot at making the second round. As for their scorer, there's a young striker at Bayer Leverkusen from Korea, think he's called Son Heung-Min, if he's playing regularly for a team of Leverkusen's size he can't be too shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.