World Cup Quarter-Finals Thread.

KippaxCitizen said:
SebastianBlue said:
Ray78 said:
Not a pen.

What about a pencil?
Are you talking about those devices where you put the little spindles of pencil graphite in what looks like a pen? Quite annoying those things, the pencil always snaps.

This really sums up the quarterfinals.

After the group stages I had such high hopes. No idea why now.

I can't understand why most of the group games have been pretty exciting and all of the quarter finals have been utter shite.Tension perhaps?

Pellegrini has it right when he says play the same way all the time,if it serves you well every other game why would a quarter final be different?

paulchapo said:
I can't understand why most of the group games have been pretty exciting and all of the quarter finals have been utter shite.Tension perhaps?

Pellegrini has it right when he says play the same way all the time,if it serves you well every other game why would a quarter final be different?

And switching tactics, players, and formations to avoid conceding.

Completely destroys general play and makes each match something to persevere through rather than enjoy.

paulchapo said:

A lot of average players in the group stage so loads of mistakes and loads of goals on the back of them.

As competitions go on and the average quality goes up, therefore fewer mistakes and fewer chances on the back of them, teams just look like what they are: collections of players who rarely play together and have very little understanding and cohesion with teammates.

KippaxCitizen said:
paulchapo said:

A lot of average players in the group stage so loads of mistakes and loads of goals on the back of them.

As competitions go on and the average quality goes up, therefore fewer mistakes and fewer chances on the back of them, teams just look like what they are: collections of players who rarely play together and have very little understanding and cohesion with teammates.

That is an element but I don't think it is the major influencing factor (as this is the finals tournament so the vast majority of poor players have already theoretically been filtered out).

'Fletch' on ITV at 10.45 for those that get bored when this inevitably goes to ET.

<<hopefully jinxes scoreline>>

dronefromsector7g said:
'Fletch' on ITV at 10.45 for those that get bored when this inevitably goes to ET.

<<hopefully jinxes scoreline>>

Thank you for your service.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.