World Cup Semi FinalS

yankblue said:
Not sure if anyone else pointed this out but the Dutch had one of the most overrated runs I can remember. Let's recap:

- Spank Spain to start - extremely impressive, can't take that away, they could've scored 10. This was their peak, however.
- Next, they scraped by fucking Australia. AUSTRALIA.
- Then they beat Chile in a game where they've both already qualified, although to be fair Chile are a good team and it was for 1st place in the group. But still, not exactly the highest stakes.
- Takes a dive and a Mexico collapse to eek by in the round of 16
- Then, here's the kicker - They don't score a goal for the rest of the tournament!!! 240+ minutes against Costa Rica (who played their hearts out looked impressive but can you get an easier Quarterfinal?) and Argentina.

Yes, van Gaal is a tactical genius alright.

I concur. Do Utd fans praising Butthead's "tactical acumen" know that (a) their CBs are about a tenth as good as Holland's and (b) in the PL, matches don't go to extra time or penalty kicks?

pikku said:
MSP said:
Messi will never be a player he has been year or two ago. There is quality there so we'll see some moments of brilliance but he lost his explosivity and that was half of his game,
Was he that bad eh? just watched the last few mins.

He managed to have one good run in whole game with zillion bad passes.

Thank fuck Van Gaals gone, we'd have had years of that getting dropped into every article about him if he'd won it

pikku said:
MSP said:
Messi will never be a player he has been year or two ago. There is quality there so we'll see some moments of brilliance but he lost his explosivity and that was half of his game,
Was he that bad eh? just watched the last few mins.
I would safely say that's the worst I've ever seen Messi play.

I thought Argentina would win against the Dutch .
I make Germany the favourites for the final .

That was like the rag Sunderland league cup semi final to go and play us at Wembley.
Neither team looked like they fancied it much, and the victor will lose anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.