World Cup Thread. Sun. 22nd June

Ray78 said:
SebastianBlue said:
Ray78 said:
Chin up you are still in a position to qualify, something England has failed to do.

And Spain.

True but at least Spain has won something in colour and not in b/w and before you were born.
That genuinely made me laugh.

Am a little disappointed but overall so very happy. *Nobody* gave USA a chance, we were always 4th, maybe 3rd. To still be alive is more than most people dreamed. We've just to keep it tight vs Germany and hope neither Ghana nor Portugal kill the other.

So far, this WC has become 1 of the most intriguing ever.

Thought the states played really well tonight, daft errors aside they were more than a match for the Portuguese. Jermaine Jones is a cracking player and that RB Johnson was a pain in their arse all game long. Bradley played well generally, but fuck me talk about dropping the ball when it really counts.

Watched it in the local English pub but the atmosphere was rocking, full of yanks and hard not to get caught up in it, I probably cheered more when the Dempsey goal went in than I did when Fatty Arbuckle finally tapped in his first WC goal. Useless twat.

Anyway, more of the same against the Germans and they will be fine.

mcmanus said:
BongoBlue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Chill, Frank. Log off and go and have a beer, shoot someone or something. You'll feel so much better afterwards.

Surprised at you Prestwich to be honest...

Oh please fuck off.

I don't get that many chances.

you-talkin-to-me.jpg

;)

Ray78 said:
SebastianBlue said:
Ray78 said:
True but at least Spain has won something in colour and not in b/w and before you were born.

Only just. ;-)

Cheeky **** :).

In all seriousness, I'm am old enough to have fully experienced the incredible underachievement from both nations so I am grateful for Spain's triumphs.

Now, if only England could actually perform to potential I could be a truly sportingly fulfilled man.

SebastianBlue said:
Ray78 said:
SebastianBlue said:
Only just. ;-)

In all seriousness, I'm am old enough to have fully experienced the incredible underachievement from both nations so I am grateful for Spain's triumphs.

Now, if only England could actually perform to potential I could be a truly sportingly fulfilled man.

In order for that to happen England has to evolve and quickly The post-mortems from both the press and supporters are getting tiresome after another tournament failure. Easier said than done especially with people in charge and their blinkered attitude.

SebastianBlue said:
Ray78 said:
SebastianBlue said:
Only just. ;-)

Sorry to say, what you saw in the last two games IS England performing to our potential !

Impeccable One said:
SebastianBlue said:
Ray78 said:

Sorry to say, what you saw in the last two games IS England performing to our potential !

Right now, I absolutely agree. But if the FA could move past their corruption and infighting to create a decent youth development system England could dominate the world again.

Ray78 said:
SebastianBlue said:
Ray78 said:

In order for that to happen England has to evolve and quickly The post-mortems from both the press and supporters are getting tiresome after another tournament failure. Easier said than done especially with people in charge and their blinkered attitude.

Just as Spain will need to do. Fortunately, they are in a much better position to evolve their style with the talent available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.