jermaine-jones-scores.gif

jermaine-jones-scores-b.gif

DismalUnawareFluke.gif

Tbilisi said:
TFC said:
Ruhr said:
he isn´t, believe me.

;)

Think he has been great in WC but hes 32 so some mileage in Ruhrs comment I suppose
He's got the physical tools but sometimes he sees a red mist and goes all Conan the Barbarian, so his positional play can be a bit iffy. He's been surprisingly disciplined this World Cup.

After a night's sleep, I feel a bit better. I suppose it is a sign of progress that drawing against a pretty good European team is a disappointment. I feel like our future's bright as long as we figure out a decent youth system.

I´ve seen Jermaine Jones for years at Schalke. He was trying to score a goal like this every weekend and usually he knocked out some fan in the upper tier of the stands with his shots.
A technical and tactical very limited player.
No doubt, the chance of a lifetime to play a world cup let players like him go to their limits. But we all know that kind of player shining at a world cup for 2 or 3 matches but being average in the league.

Marvin said:
SebastianBlue said:
Impeccable One said:
Sorry to say, what you saw in the last two games IS England performing to our potential !

Right now, I absolutely agree. But if the FA could move past their corruption and infighting to create a decent youth development system England could dominate the world again.

Ray78 said:
In order for that to happen England has to evolve and quickly The post-mortems from both the press and supporters are getting tiresome after another tournament failure. Easier said than done especially with people in charge and their blinkered attitude.

Just as Spain will need to do. Fortunately, they are in a much better position to evolve their style with the talent available.
What is the difference between the set-ups in successful footballing nations like Germany and Spain, and England?

Surely this has all ben looked into many times over the last 50 years

It has been but findings have been ostensibly ignored. The three most damning differences are: 1) youth coaching quality and prevalence, 2) adversarial academy systems, 3) lack of international/military-cultural sporting experience.

That is to say, the standard of coaching at youth levels is relatively poor, club training programs constantly attempt to undermine competition in destructive ways, and the English—more so than any other nationality—avoid playing outside of the UK.

I went to bed and dreamed of last night's match over and over. Woke up more exhausted than when I went to bed. That is why I normally have my unwind time before going to bed. Nothing like having victory and advancement snatched out at the very last seconds to feel completely gutted. Especially when i was hoping for at least a draw and we still got that.

The US is still sitting in a good position to move on. Man i wish Germany had beaten Ghana so this would pretty much already be over with.

Pokes28 said:
I went to bed and dreamed of last night's match over and over. Woke up more exhausted than when I went to bed. That is why I normally have my unwind time before going to bed. Nothing like having victory and advancement snatched out at the very last seconds to feel completely gutted. Especially when i was hoping for at least a draw and we still got that.

The US is still sitting in a good position to move on. Man i wish Germany had beaten Ghana so this would pretty much already be over with.

people were cheering for ghana at the bar saturday, and i was fucking furious with them. morons

idahoblues said:
outstanding display from the yanks

Were they though? This is the most average Portugal team I've ever seen. Without Coentrao they look completely exposed down their left hand side, Ghana will have an absolute field day, even more against Germany, when Howedes played in that position. The US worked hard, and executed their game plan well, but I can say I was that impressed by them, or surprised they got a result. In terms of Concacaf, Costa Rica and Mexico have impressed me more.

I reckon Ghana will end up going through, with Germany finishing top.

andrewmswift said:
Pokes28 said:

people were cheering for ghana at the bar saturday, and i was fucking furious with them. morons

Surely people can support whoever they like, "land of the free" and all that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.