World Cup VAR

Yeah I suppose! But I can see it getting to the stage over time when even that is reviewed

But they were looking for the wrong thing. They looked for something on the goal line, that’s the replay they showed two angles of, saw nothing, said “nothing to give” then played on.

About two minutes later someone spotted the Kane incident (wasn’t even immediate by the TV company, never mind the VAR) and replayed it. By then it was too late.

Yep this. How do we go about multiple incidents happening ? can’t stop play for too long as people lose their patience.

If we're going to have it, I'm not arsed either way, then do it thoroughly, and get it right.

This exactly!! How, how can the var people not have seen the Kane incidents and not have called a penalty both times??

If we’re just to have refs and linos. I don’t care what happens they just have to get every decision right.
We've always had them, and (in most cases) they do their best.

However, if we're going to use technology, then use it thoroughly, there should be no excuse for still getting decisions wrong if its being used, none. So use what is available and get it right, and show everyone watching that it is right, other sports have managed, so football can too.

Sky Sports at it again — they fail to mention the linesman flagged for offside immediately.

Costa strikes as VAR denies Iran
Diego Costa struck again for Spain to seal a 1-0 win over World Cup Group C opponents Iran, who were denied an equaliser by VAR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.