World Cup VAR

But but he got off the bus for that kid...

I had the (mis)fortune of trying to get one/any City player to sign a pic for my lad as we waited outside the Hyatt hotel in Birmingham for the Villa Cup match couple of seasons ago. We were in the hotel having a drink when the team arrived, completely to our surprise. No chance would they sign anything inside. Got told to wait couple of hours and they might do something on way out. Not a solitary player would walk the 5 yards to me and my lad. Maybe they'd been told by "security" to go straight onto the coach, I don't know, but I thought it was a pretty poor show, given it wouldn't have taken more than 10 seconds of anyone's time. There were no more than 5 or 6 others next to the coach behind a ridiculous red taped barrier - mainly bemused guests wondering what all the fuss was about, so, I totally say fair fucks to Ronaldo for that, he would have made that lad's day.

With non-decisions like that red card, it's easy to see why people won't like it.

Fcuking useless.

I think it was borderline red, so VAR officials stayed with the ref's decision.

I disagree and think it was a red, but from what we heard, the VAR were looking, and then the ref let them take the FK, so VAR then couldn't do anything anyway...brilliant system

I disagree and think it was a red, but from what we heard, the VAR were looking, and then the ref let them take the FK, so VAR then couldn't do anything anyway...brilliant system

It's impossible for us to know for sure if the above happened the way you've said... VAR could have easily told the ref in his ear piece, yellow was a reasonable decision (personally I think it's a red too) so no clear and obvious error and to allow play to restart....

I do think longer term, they need to keep the viewers better informed, with what's going on though!!

Last edited:
It's impossible for us to know for sure if the above happened the way you've said... VAR could have easily told the ref in his ear piece, yellow was a reasonable decision (personally I think it's a red too) so no clear and obvious error and to allow play to restart....

I do think longer term, they need to keep the viewers informed Better, with what's going on though!!
Selected Professor Stephen Hawking esc sentences on video screens and on audio would be sufficient.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.