Worldies against City

Wreckless Alec said:
green pennies said:
Anyone else think it's absurd that no City goals (plenty to bloody choose from) made the list?

For me, it's because nearly all our goals are beautifully crafted. My favourites are the ones where we pass it around, keeping possession, probing for openings before a quick cross or one-two and someone just has a tap in. These are purists' goals of the type the common herd wouldn't appreciate. Never spectacular but, in their own way, absolute poetry.

I can't think of many lucky or stuffy goals we scored last year.

a worldy is another way of saying ''freak'', A team effort involving exquisite movement, timing and ball control with the goal a mere pass into the net will do for me everytime. The odd thunderbolt is still acceptable though.

Wait a minute.

Worldies against City.

World is against City.

dollar_ase.gif

Wreckless Alec said:
green pennies said:
Anyone else think it's absurd that no City goals (plenty to bloody choose from) made the list?

For me, it's because nearly all our goals are beautifully crafted. My favourites are the ones where we pass it around, keeping possession, probing for openings before a quick cross or one-two and someone just has a tap in. These are purists' goals of the type the common herd wouldn't appreciate. Never spectacular but, in their own way, absolute poetry.

I can't think of many lucky or stuffy goals we scored last year.

That's a good point. But they threw that Arse one in there and that was tippy tappy and didn't even look like it was on purpose (or at least was very lucky - the two pundits were debating it I remember). But there is something to be said for scoring efficiently. That said, I still think we've had our share of spectacular strikes.

I think my favorite was against West Ham were Yaya blasted it half the length of the field and Negredo just followed it with his eyes as the ball came over his shoulder perfectly to him in the box and he hit it one time before it even touched the ground and buried it. That was incredible. Or was that in one of the Cups and not the league? I don't remember. NBC only has rights to the Prem here and not the cup competitions. Come to think of it, nearly all our spectacular goals came in the cups this past year. Kolarov's rocket free kick, etc. But still, from the league you almost could have picked any of Yaya's long range efforts..

green pennies said:
That's a good point. But they threw that Arse one in there and that was tippy tappy and didn't even look like it was on purpose (or at least was very lucky - the two pundits were debating it I remember). But there is something to be said for scoring efficiently. That said, I still think we've had our share of spectacular strikes.

I think my favorite was against West Ham were Yaya blasted it half the length of the field and Negredo just followed it with his eyes as the ball came over his shoulder perfectly to him in the box and he hit it one time before it even touched the ground and buried it. That was incredible. Or was that in one of the Cups and not the league? I don't remember. NBC only has rights to the Prem here and not the cup competitions. Come to think of it, nearly all our spectacular goals came in the cups this past year. Kolarov's rocket free kick, etc. But still, from the league you almost could have picked any of Yaya's long range efforts..
Capital One semi final first leg;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-highlights/2014/January/City-v-West-Ham-60-secs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Match-high ... am-60-secs</a>

Ricky Villa. still annoys me every time I see it, and the BBC s tend to show it every year umpteen times.

Dean Saunders in the 6-0 long goal kick and he caught it on the volley from outside the box top corner.

That bloody Ricky Gervais, you know one that was in the office, but played for spurs and looked like Jesus. Score a goal that won spurs a FA cup and made a kid cry.....The dirty scruffy long haired lout....think he starred in shameless to as frank??

Dean Ashton scored a cracking goal to knock us of of the cup didn't he? West Ham, quarter final I think? Considering his injuries and early retirement, he couldn't have scored many better.

Two goals against City I've not seen mentioned on here was Leslies in the 5-1. Whatever you think of him (and them) it was a great goal. Also Kevin Sheedy at Goodison circa 1990.

He scored many a worldie, but that goal by Thierry Henry where he absolutely leathered it into the top right corner was quite something.

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cEX94IilhFs[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.