Worming their way in.

Re: are our club beneficiaries takin the piss. (please read)

BBB,

Fair enough, though I'm not convinced City supporters have ever been shown in anything but a good light. The club maybe - but then WE paid for him to come back, not them.

I'm just content with the knowledge we did a good thing, for a good man. In my humble opinion, this just seems to be milking a nice deed for ego sake.

Wooderbeen said:
BBB,

Fair enough, though I'm not convinced City supporters have ever been shown in anything but a good light. The club maybe - but then WE paid for him to come back, not them.

I'm just content with the knowledge we did a good thing, for a good man. In my humble opinion, this just seems to be milking a nice deed for ego sake.

if i wanted my ego inflating, i would of paid for him myself, outta my loan.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Wooderbeen said:
BBB,

Then what's the big deal? I don't mean to belittle the fanastic job you guys did and I'm sure you have the eternal gratitude of Gordon and his family. Is that not enough?

Wooderbeen said:
BBB,

MAybe we haven't been shown in a poor light, but all the negative press has taken its toll on other clubs' supporters opinions of us. We're the new club to hate, where we used to be everyone's second club. In my opinion, it's right to recognise such a deed.

I couldn't give a flying fuck whether other clubs love or hate us, by the way. If they do hate us, I want it to be the way people hate 'them', for winning everything, no other reason.

And anyway, it's a great fucking story, don't you think?

Wooderbeen said:
Then what's the big deal? I don't mean to belittle the fanastic job you guys did and I'm sure you have the eternal gratitude of Gordon and his family. Is that not enough?

Its not just for self gratification though i dont think?

Its a great story, one people would genuinely like to hear. I'd say its just as bad that a 'celebrity' with a long connection to City said he'd run the story then decided it was yesterdays news... then ran with a competitor from the same competition.

rowsley_st said:
That post by the OP.....it's like it's been written by someone who doesn't have English as a first language.
I'm assuming with the name "Ste" that isn't the case??
Just jibberish..........

In that case give the man a job in one of the bars at COMS.

Wooderbeen said:
Ticket For Schalke said:

i like the way you say we, you use "we" again, quite frequently, what ever.

GStar said:
Wooderbeen said:

Its a great story, one people would genuinely like to hear. I'd say its just as bad that a 'celebrity' with a long connection to City said he'd run the story then decided it was yesterdays news... then ran with a competitor from the same competition.
To be clear, I'm absolutely playing Devil's Advocate here, but isn't Cheesman correct to say that the story has passed? The Derby has been and gone, I'm not even sure whether Gordon is still in the country or not, but I'd guess he's had the bulk of his trip.

The club will have been leaning on Cheeseman to run with David Salt, also worthy of a trip by the way, as the official winner of their competition. I just think it's harsh to now expect him to run a similar story, weeks after the event. It's also worth pointing out that the story WAS ran elsewhere at the time and nobody wants a second-hand feature. It's just not the way media works, rightly or wrongly.

GStar said:
Wooderbeen said:

Correct, i had enough, i really wanted us all to be able to shed some light on the storey. obv not. Gordens storey is alot more touching than anyones, i.e, never thought he'd see his sister again, he got to meet trautmann, his all time hero. dinner with summerbee, we dont wont any media, we want gordon to tell ppl how proud the club made him, lets not make 2 bones about it, he wont be in the UK ever again, he thought his last city game was 0-1 to newcastle. 10 years ago. its so hard when you make ties with someone, i'm still believing that gordon will be with me for ever, and for ever he will be.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Wooderbeen said:

i like the way you say we, you use "we" again, quite frequently, what ever.
My financial situation isn't fanastic and I chipped in. I think I have the right to say 'we'. Or is all about 'you', as I first suspected?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.