Worst And Best Cities You've Visited.

Matty said:
Best: - New York, Las Vegas, Warsaw and Granada.

Worst: Berlin and Johannesburg.

Can't believe anybody doesn't love Berlin.

I stayed a few years ago. Stopped at the Westin Grand Hotel which was in the Bourne Supremacy where Jessica Landy stayed. It was on the Friedrich Strasse just before the junction with the 'Unter Den Linden' I think. Round the corner from the Brandenburg Gate. I was more on the old Russian/eastern side but we went walkabout around Charlottenburg and the shopping district in the 'Kurfurmsturm Damme' or whatever it was called. Also over to the outskirts like Wansee (their millionaires' Lake District) and just further out to Potsdam and Frederick the Great's 'Sans Souci'.

Great pubs. Very decent local wheat beers, 'Berliner Kindle' being one. Very friendly people and though I didn't pull, lots of beautiful women around and all seemed to have nice figures. A lot of ladies cycling around and seemed to have the exercise ethic.

One of the nicest cities I've visited but it's all about opinions I suppose.

Best

Munich
Venice
Paris
London
Rome
Manchester
Kologne
Brussels
Vegas

Worst
Birmingham
Hull

Can't wait to visit
New York

Chicago, Rome, Quebec City, Valencia, Florence, Havana, Venice, all brill. Buffalo New York is most unsavoury as is Detroit. If this thread's anything to go buy, I'll have to go to Vienna soon.

CITYBOY1000 said:
Matty said:
Best: - New York, Las Vegas, Warsaw and Granada.

Worst: Berlin and Johannesburg.

Can't believe anybody doesn't love Berlin.

I stayed a few years ago. Stopped at the Westin Grand Hotel which was in the Bourne Supremacy where Jessica Landy stayed. It was on the Friedrich Strasse just before the junction with the 'Unter Den Linden' I think. Round the corner from the Brandenburg Gate. I was more on the old Russian/eastern side but we went walkabout around Charlottenburg and the shopping district in the 'Kurfurmsturm Damme' or whatever it was called. Also over to the outskirts like Wansee (their millionaires' Lake District) and just further out to Potsdam and Frederick the Great's 'Sans Souci'.

Great pubs. Very decent local wheat beers, 'Berliner Kindle' being one. Very friendly people and though I didn't pull, lots of beautiful women around and all seemed to have nice figures. A lot of ladies cycling around and seemed to have the exercise ethic.

One of the nicest cities I've visited but it's all about opinions I suppose.
Berlin was my fav city in all the world when The Wall was still up, lost count of the number of times i went in the 70s and 80s, that crossing of the wall at Checkpoint Charlie was thrilling, guns pointed at you and all that, then being spied on most of the 12hrs you was allowed into East Berlin
As soon as the wall came down it lost that touch of menace and intrigue it was never the same, been back 3 times since, found it to be ok but a bit of a graffiti covered seedy place, Mrs Undies hated it

Best;Prague,Bratislava,Wellington,Vancouver.
Worst;Bundaberg,Jakarta,Suva,all twinned with Helmand Province,coincidence;I think not.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:25 am --<br /><br />
blue underpants said:
Best, Perth/Fremantle

The price of a pint there would make Bill Gates wince.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.