Worst away day ever

Ric said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
tidyman said:
Wasn't that early 90's? The same year we lost there in both cups?

Apologies if not but the game I'm thinking of was probably about '93. It sticks in my mind not only because of the fog but I ended up in the players lounge after the game and Keith Curle kept mithering me for cigs.

I bumped into him at Wilmslow station about 15 years later and asked him if he had the packet of B & H he owes me. Just gave me a strange look and rapidly did one.
It may well have been mate, but if so it would have been very early nineties, not '93, as I was still living in Manchester at the time of the game I'm sure (moved away in '92).

Was it this one?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=3990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/ ... px?id=3990</a>

There's video "highlights" on there too GDM, just so you can relive the misery (if you can see through the fog).
Thanks. Yes that was it. Watching that has jogged my memory. The mists are...ahem...clearing.

I now remember that we thought it would be called off at half-time, but the fog did clear for the second half - when all the goals were scored I think. I must have wished it had been called off!!

A wank evening in any event. Thanks for re-reminding me!!!

well if your talking about worst result performance then im 52 so havent gfot enough time to name all, but if you want bad day out then went to villa in early 90s winter went in own car had tape on no radio got to sandbach started snowing got to brum one lane just open thought it would be ok got off motorway roads closed then turned on radio game cancelled ( yes im a dick should of put radio on at sandbach), car engine blew up ( not mine ) first game of season at spurs at end of M1 had to get taxi from there cost a fortune with good friend Warby no longer with us
" miss you mate " was at oldham when it pissed down soaked to the skin 4 of us in our undies driving home down M62 look from other motorists funny as fuck,in 76 away at fc twenty mate decided would be an adventure to hitch it there down to felexstow slept rough for 4 nights worst ever,away at bolton not passes my driving test 17 years old decided to drive lost on M6 traffic jam hard shoulder got nicked got to game late lost.derby away coach from knutsford 15-16 8 cans of who nows what pissed got in didnt see game throwing up all game to the amusement of coppers, stoke away in auto capri ( remember them ) on way accellorator cable snapped at pedal tied cable to shoe lace run to passenger window so now passenger is throttle man very scarry drive home,chelsea full member final in mini bus stuck in traffic outside chelsea pub bus got smashed to fuck never forget Warby hanging out of window fighting with the cockney twats very dodgey but funny as fuck.
im sure theres more but cant think of them right now.
well i suppose in must be around 300 aways a few are going to go tits up.

Bluemoon dan said:
The second one was the cup tie under Pearce where the atmosphere amongst blues at the end was horrible. Only time I've seen city fans properly fighting amongst themselves and it was going on all over the place.

I remember that one well, it was a terrible atmosphere like you said, lots of fighting. I remember getting into a big argument with someone, it was a desperate time for the club.

Liverpool away Boxing Day 1974. Joe Royle's debut if I recall correctly and we lost 4-1 but it wasn't the game that was the biggest problem; didn't see much of that anyway. I went to the game with a bunch of school friends on the football special train. We got to Anfield OK, although there was one hairy moment when an army of Scousers tried to to attack the group of City supporters we were walking to the ground from the buses with.

Inside the ground, to borrow a word from PB, the Anfield Road end was carnage. This was pre-segregation and you had both sets of supporters charging at each other with the Scouse Police hitting anyone within reach with their batons, regardless of whether you were a hooligan or not. My mates and I were just trying to avoid the aggro but our group still got separated in the melee.

Two of us decided that discretion was the better part of valour and attempted to get to the exit at half-time; however the Scousers were on the look out for that. Fortunately, one Liverpool supporter had a touch of festive spirit and offered to get us out: he got us through by saying that we were his cousins. Somewhere in it all, one of the less friendly natives nutted me as I went by, nearly breaking my nose.

Outside the ground we went looking for a bus back to the station. Unfortunately a small gang of Liverpool supporters who had not gone into the game spotted us, even though we were not wearing colours, and wanted to know where we were from etc. They set about trying to attack us - whinging on about how they'd all got attacked at Maine Road - we legged it and somehow got split up.

I ran into a Petrol Station in the hope of using their phone to get a taxi. The attendant wouldn't let me use the phone but a customer said that he would give me a lift to the station as he could go that way en route to wherever he was going. So I got back to the station with no more than a bloody nose but the lad who got also got chased ended up in hospital.

The first thing that comes to mind is the FA cup quater final at Ewood Park under Pearce in 2007. We put in a pathetic performance and the atmosphere in our end was poisonous that day. There were blues fighting blues all over the show. There was one argument in the bogs over the merits of Stephen Ireland as a player that spilled out onto the concourse and turned into an all out brawl.

Grimsby away mid 80's lost 4-1. They put the price up for City fans so there were loads in their end. Shit performance and some wedding party had pies thrown at them. Even after the game Grimsby's finest were looking for a fight

Eds said:
Grimsby away mid 80's lost 4-1. They put the price up for City fans so there were loads in their end. Shit performance and some wedding party had pies thrown at them. Even after the game Grimsby's finest were looking for a fight

Didn't see any trouble but it was a horrid performance. The City support were singing "we've come all this way, where's your pride?" at the players, much to the very obvious annoyance of Nicky Reid.

Fantastic fish and chips before the game was the only good thing about that day: two huge fish for less than the price of one back home.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:04 pm --<br /><br />
Georgian Maestro said:
The first thing that comes to mind is the FA cup quater final at Ewood Park under Pearce in 2007. We put in a pathetic performance and the atmosphere in our end was poisonous that day. There were blues fighting blues all over the show. There was one argument in the bogs over the merits of Stephen Ireland as a player that spilled out onto the concourse and turned into an all out brawl.

I was frankly ebarrassed to be a City supporter that day, on almost every level.

Ric said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
tidyman said:
Wasn't that early 90's? The same year we lost there in both cups?

Apologies if not but the game I'm thinking of was probably about '93. It sticks in my mind not only because of the fog but I ended up in the players lounge after the game and Keith Curle kept mithering me for cigs.

I bumped into him at Wilmslow station about 15 years later and asked him if he had the packet of B & H he owes me. Just gave me a strange look and rapidly did one.
It may well have been mate, but if so it would have been very early nineties, not '93, as I was still living in Manchester at the time of the game I'm sure (moved away in '92).

Presume it was this one?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=3990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/ ... px?id=3990</a>

There's video "highlights" on there too GDM, just so you can relive the misery (if you can see through the fog).

Didn't go to the LC game but did travel to the FAC one. Middlesborough was indeed the shittiest of shit holes.

Bury v Manchester City 1997 drew 1 - 1, wondering if Barry Conlon would be any cop and Uwe Rosler was clapping the fans, don't think he played for us after that (could be wrong). At least it was a short walk home to Heywood in the pissing rain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.