Worst away day ever

Georgian Maestro said:
The first thing that comes to mind is the FA cup quater final at Ewood Park under Pearce in 2007. We put in a pathetic performance and the atmosphere in our end was poisonous that day. There were blues fighting blues all over the show. There was one argument in the bogs over the merits of Stephen Ireland as a player that spilled out onto the concourse and turned into an all out brawl.
And to think that day started off in such high spirits. Fernhurst was rocking before the game

QPR 2 seasons ago was a bit crap. Set off in good time. Trains were delayed and ended up having to get a taxi from Watford. Got in 30 mins late and it took the piss going home. No direct Manc trains so had to get one to Birmingham and hope we'd make the last train to Manc due to leave 3 min after we arrived or we would have been stranded in Birmingham. Just made it!

Palace away by coach was another one. Must have spent about 12 hours total on a dry coach. Left Manc at 6.30am. Got to Watford for before 11 then it took about 3 hours to crawl the 20 odd miles to Selhurst. And I had the runs that day too haha

Least we won those two games!

lancs blue said:
Everything about this day was a disaster, the weather, the pitch, the performance, the result and the trouble afterwards. About the only good thing was that the special didn't break down on the way back to Manc.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGofgn5pi7Q[/youtube]

I remember going to Halifax in a friendly about 12-13 years ago. Went without a ticket and got sold some fakes when we got there. Was a few from Halifax nipping off and selling quite a lot of us these tickets. Bastards. Sure they were stewards or something when I look back.

Reading away 87,won 2 nil I think but van we were in left without 2 of us,managed to jump in a minibus with other City fans and couldn't believe bloke and woman in front with baby that couldn't have been more than 6 mths old.Sounds ungrateful but they were all cranks and the baby wouldn't stop crying and to top it off we then break down on M4 in Worcester,bit of an argument developed,ending up with me telling the driver to fuck off and the two of us set off down the hard shoulder trying to hitch it,after walking for about half an hour my mate has mini breakdown himself and starts wailing that we were never going to see Manchester again and slumps himself over a fence separating a field from the hard shoulder.I've got steam coming out of my ears and bang on cue the motorway police arrive,tell us we are both being fined for trespassing on the hard shoulder and then drop us back at the minibus where our new friends are waiting for a tow truck,stony silence til it arrives and we persuade the tow truck driver to let us in his cab and he dropped us at New St station where we spent the night til first train back to Manchester.We arrived at Piccadilly early Sunday morning to be met by large GMP presence and new hooli van with camera like a cannon on top of it,filmed and details taken as Utd were playing Liverpool later that day.We both got fines for a tenner through post and then got reminders so my mate paid double the thick twat,great days

erast fandorin said:
Reading away 87,won 2 nil I think but van we were in left without 2 of us,managed to jump in a minibus with other City fans and couldn't believe bloke and woman in front with baby that couldn't have been more than 6 mths old.Sounds ungrateful but they were all cranks and the baby wouldn't stop crying and to top it off we then break down on M4 in Worcester,bit of an argument developed,ending up with me telling the driver to fuck off and the two of us set off down the hard shoulder trying to hitch it,after walking for about half an hour my mate has mini breakdown himself and starts wailing that we were never going to see Manchester again and slumps himself over a fence separating a field from the hard shoulder.I've got steam coming out of my ears and bang on cue the motorway police arrive,tell us we are both being fined for trespassing on the hard shoulder and then drop us back at the minibus where our new friends are waiting for a tow truck,stony silence til it arrives and we persuade the tow truck driver to let us in his cab and he dropped us at New St station where we spent the night til first train back to Manchester.We arrived at Piccadilly early Sunday morning to be met by large GMP presence and new hooli van with camera like a cannon on top of it,filmed and details taken as Utd were playing Liverpool later that day.We both got fines for a tenner through post and then got reminders so my mate paid double the thick twat,great days

Pmsl

irlamblue70 said:
Oldham away, must have been 86? 87? Saturday 3pm kick-off and it pissed it down all day and for those old enough to remember the old away end at Oldham, the sloping bank behind the terrace was open to the elements and was just grass - or on this day one big mud bath. People were clambering up it or falling down it. Can't remember the score but as soon as we got back into town it just seemed to be running battles wherever you went as the rags had been at home.

Torrential rain all game ( almost as bad as Burnley away a few years ago ). On the way back to Manchester every launderette was packed with blues sat in their undies as all their clothes were in the driers. And yes, a bit naughty when back in town later.

tonea2003 said:
grimsby away in march/april 85

nightmare of a journey meaning we were late to the ground
when we got in we were already 2-0 down
we were penned in in a corner of the ground like we we were in jail , shite view and we ended up losing 4-1

wouldn't change it for the world :-)
My mate had his nose bitten off in a pub before the game,he obviously doesn't post on here as it would be top of anybody's worst list.

Notinmylifetime said:
irlamblue70 said:
Oldham away, must have been 86? 87? Saturday 3pm kick-off and it pissed it down all day and for those old enough to remember the old away end at Oldham, the sloping bank behind the terrace was open to the elements and was just grass - or on this day one big mud bath. People were clambering up it or falling down it. Can't remember the score but as soon as we got back into town it just seemed to be running battles wherever you went as the rags had been at home.

Torrential rain all game ( almost as bad as Burnley away a few years ago ). On the way back to Manchester every launderette was packed with blues sat in their undies as all their clothes were in the driers. And yes, a bit naughty when back in town later.

Gates got kicked in at back of the away end that day,knocking burger van over with bloke in it

waterloo blue said:
tonea2003 said:

we were penned in in a corner of the ground like we we were in jail , shite view and we ended up losing 4-1

My mate had his nose bitten off in a pub before the game,he obviously doesn't post on here as it would be top of anybody's worst list.
How does he smell?

Didsbury Dave said:
waterloo blue said:
tonea2003 said:

How does he smell?
Terrible,he lives in Mossley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.