Worst away day ever

Blackburn away 89,we got hammered 4-0,my inflatable banana burst and it was the day of hillsborough..
I remember being stood on the platform and some guy with a portable radio on saying there had been some fans killed....
As i was only 15 at the time it didn't quite sink in properly the enormity of it...

I remember the Blackburn game and as the train get closer to Manchester the news about the number of Liverpool fans who had died increased.

I was 18 at the time, went straight home for the first time in ages after a game.

Balti said:
Liverpool away in the title decider 1977

Coach was late after being stuck on the east lancs road then we got locked out and walked round the ground trying to get in anywhere but all full then we got chased round the ground and round the park by stanley knife toting scousers of both red and blue persuasion then we lost after thinking Kiddo had grabbed a draw lstening on the radio on our coach before fucking highway scored for them and then more of our lot returned to the coach after the game minus clothes and one had been slashed by Stanley before we got stuck on the east lancs again knowing we had just lost our chance to be top dogs in the league again

hard to believe anfield was like that when you go these days lol

But the game that more or less decided the title was at Maine Road.

irlamblue70 said:
Oldham away, must have been 86? 87? Saturday 3pm kick-off and it pissed it down all day and for those old enough to remember the old away end at Oldham, the sloping bank behind the terrace was open to the elements and was just grass - or on this day one big mud bath. People were clambering up it or falling down it. Can't remember the score but as soon as we got back into town it just seemed to be running battles wherever you went as the rags had been at home.

Weather was OK up to kick-off so I left my jacket in the car. I've never been so pissed wet through at a game.

Wasn't it also pissing down when we won at Wigan in the third division? Another open end.

Remember getting home from that Oldham game.
Took my jeans off and the dye had run.
My legs were more blue than my jeans!

tidyman said:
Balti said:
Liverpool away in the title decider 1977

Coach was late after being stuck on the east lancs road then we got locked out and walked round the ground trying to get in anywhere but all full then we got chased round the ground and round the park by stanley knife toting scousers of both red and blue persuasion then we lost after thinking Kiddo had grabbed a draw lstening on the radio on our coach before fucking highway scored for them and then more of our lot returned to the coach after the game minus clothes and one had been slashed by Stanley before we got stuck on the east lancs again knowing we had just lost our chance to be top dogs in the league again

hard to believe anfield was like that when you go these days lol

But the game that more or less decided the title was at Maine Road.

Only in hindsight, it was at Xmas and no title is decided that early in the season. If we'd won at Anfield in April we'd at least have had a fighting chance of winning it.

The violence was probably even worse in the Anfield Rd end than outside, no segregation and absolute mayhem for 90 minutes. The fans were in "bands" going up the terrace. Scousers at the front, then a band of City where I was, more Scousers behind and then more City at the very back. I escaped with no more than a "cut-throat" gesture from a Scouser who must have left Stanley at home.

Lincoln away on a Tuesday nite around 1998 I think, lost 2-1 in the old third tier and loads in the home end wearing Utd shirts.
Liverpool away 6 nil...Alan balls a football genius
Notts county away in the fac5 when megson hit the bar and coton smacked that fan at the end
West ham at home in the cup under Pearce..the old, there's nobody left, just need an easy home draw, west ham get in...then knocked out
Liverpool 2 all at home when we got relegated...summed us up at the time when we couldn't even work out what result was needed with only Quinn realising a draw was no gud, and Liverpool not even trying.
But easily the worst was the already mentioned Blackburn away in the fa cup...so much hope before the game and then a disgrace of a performance. Only Joey Barton turned up...Micah in tears at the end and the reds laughing again.

Oils said:
Lincoln away on a Tuesday nite around 1998 I think, lost 2-1 in the old third tier and loads in the home end wearing Utd shirts.
Liverpool away 6 nil...Alan balls a football genius
Notts county away in the fac5 when megson hit the bar and coton smacked that fan at the end
West ham at home in the cup under Pearce..the old, there's nobody left, just need an easy home draw, west ham get in...then knocked out
Liverpool 2 all at home when we got relegated...summed us up at the time when we couldn't even work out what result was needed with only Quinn realising a draw was no gud, and Liverpool not even trying.
But easily the worst was the already mentioned Blackburn away in the fa cup...so much hope before the game and then a disgrace of a performance. Only Joey Barton turned up...Micah in tears at the end and the reds laughing again.

Redmond hit the bar with his free kick that game and Quinn side footed against the post from the angle. I can't remember Megson hitting the bar (long time ago) but him do remember him doing that in Round 3 that year at the Bee Hole end away at Burnley. They brought Lund who scored in injury time, and the County keeper that day out onto the pitch before the 2011 cup game.

In terms of ones I've been to, the carling cup semi at the swamp in 2010. The last minute winner along with being kept in while they royally took the piss and played ridiculous songs over the PA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.