Worst away day ever

Has anyone said it? No? Alright I'll go ahead, borough away 8-1 despite us having a laugh in the stands an making our own amusement as our team was doing shockingly.. we got nobbed by a terrible team by 7-0 goals

Bibinho said:
Has anyone said it? No? Alright I'll go ahead, borough away 8-1 despite us having a laugh in the stands an making our own amusement as our team was doing shockingly.. we got nobbed by a terrible team by 7-0 goals

This was definitely my wost away game...
Not just the humiliating defeat but the scum won the league that day too. Arrived back at Piccadilly to be met by hundreds of gloating rags celebrating and mocking us. It kicked off all over the train station but I managed to avoid getting involved in any trouble until as I walked down Piccadilly approach drinking my half full can of a lager. A copper told me I couldn't drink on the street, "fair enough" I said and went to take one last swig when he knocked it out of my hand. I called him a knob so I was chucked into the back of a riot van by him and his three colleagues, taken to the cop shop and had to appear in court three weeks later where I got a fine for breach of the peace. Happy Days!

Corky said:
Oils said:
Lincoln away on a Tuesday nite around 1998 I think, lost 2-1 in the old third tier and loads in the home end wearing Utd shirts.
Liverpool away 6 nil...Alan balls a football genius
Notts county away in the fac5 when megson hit the bar and coton smacked that fan at the end
West ham at home in the cup under Pearce..the old, there's nobody left, just need an easy home draw, west ham get in...then knocked out
Liverpool 2 all at home when we got relegated...summed us up at the time when we couldn't even work out what result was needed with only Quinn realising a draw was no gud, and Liverpool not even trying.
But easily the worst was the already mentioned Blackburn away in the fa cup...so much hope before the game and then a disgrace of a performance. Only Joey Barton turned up...Micah in tears at the end and the reds laughing again.

Redmond hit the bar with his free kick that game and Quinn side footed against the post from the angle. I can't remember Megson hitting the bar (long time ago) but him do remember him doing that in Round 3 that year at the Bee Hole end away at Burnley. They brought Lund who scored in injury time, and the County keeper that day out onto the pitch before the 2011 cup game.
Could have sworn it was megson but like u say long time ago!

Swindon away under Coppell. Lost 2-0. Rained throughout and it was a seated open end. Got soaked and an abysmal performance. Truly dire.

Milk Cup 3rd Round Replay Nov '82 , Southampton away we got turned over 4-0 . Shilton was in goal for them and never touched the ball . lt pissed down all game on the shitty little open end away segment from where you could see fuck all , which was probably a good thing .
The reason l remember this particular horrorshow was l was wearing a new leather jacket which got soaked and proceeded to shrink into a straitjacket . The Special , with no heating obviously , got back into Piccadilly at 05.30 just as it was getting light and my bird had flitted , taking the telly , the woman .
For some reason loads of blues were wearing deerstalker hats as well .

l actually look back at these trips with fond memories now as they were character building .

Luddite_Blue said:
Swindon away under Coppell. Lost 2-0. Rained throughout and it was a seated open end. Got soaked and an abysmal performance. Truly dire.
And the tossers from Wiltshire police wouldn't allow umbrellas in the open end.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:12 pm --<br /><br />
der-bomber said:
Milk Cup 3rd Round Replay Nov '82 , Southampton away we got turned over 4-0 . Shilton was in goal for them and never touched the ball . lt pissed down all game on the shitty little open end away segment from where you could see fuck all , which was probably a good thing .
The reason l remember this particular horrorshow was l was wearing a new leather jacket which got soaked and proceeded to shrink into a straitjacket . The Special , with no heating obviously , got back into Piccadilly at 05.30 just as it was getting light and my bird had flitted , taking the telly , the woman .
For some reason loads of blues were wearing deerstalker hats as well .
l actually look back at these trips with fond memories now as they were character building .
We had seats in the main stand (not sure how) so we kept dry but unfortunately had a good view of the carnage.
We'd had a few pints of anaesthetic in Tewkesbury on the way down and managed another in the pub behind the ground. I seem to think we had either a goal disallowed or a blatant penalty ignored at 2-0 and we left at 3-0. We reached the car in time to hear the fourth go in and were just driving into a pub car park at the final whistle.
These days we have to hang around until well after the final whistle as one of our gang has to make sure all our players get safely down the tunnel.

Crystal palace about 96 .come out of the pub on a Friday night pist up and bumped in to a blue mate who had a car and not been drinking , asked if he fancied the game and we can go now "drive through the night get there early " another mate was interested in this but the draw back was they were both skint .."don't worry I will do u both a borrow nip to mine ill get cash tinnies and some crisp ect"!!!
Drove through the night pulled up just near the ground and got our heads down for a couple of hours ...all woke up big stretch " right bacon butties then on the piss" only then to realise i had not brought my cash card !!!!!!! We had about 6 quid and a quarter tank of petrol . We decided to just try and get back home where at one point the driver wanted a rest so I volunteered to take over the wheel. Got about five miles and the police pulled me after overtaking them on the m1 and got done for driving without insurance

Boro 8-1 just the shame of being bummed by such a wank side, wouldn't change a thing since then though !!......blues were amazing that day singing Eriksson songs all game.........personal nightmare was a 5-0 drubbing by Charlton when they played at Selhurst, Xmas time 1986/87ish, still at school and spent all my spending money going watching that shower, Jim melrose got a hat-trick after we flogged him to em, typical City !!.....still managed to find the money to go to Watford few days later (NYD) to see Varadi snatch a last minute equalizer...the City rollercoaster, happy days !!

Losing 2-1 to my local team Bradford City in 1998 . Shaun Goater missed a lot of chances that day on his debut . I remember getting a lot of stick at work after that match . Ian Bishop played well that day against the bantams . I remember the City fans singing to the Bradford fans you can stick your Bantam up your arse .

I have had many but I will nominate my first ever away game at Burnden Park Bolton in 1978.

City had just signed the superstar £1.4 million pound boy wonder Steve Daley from Wolves and four starry eyed 9 year old boys decided in the playground on Friday afternoon that it would be a good idea to go to our first away game ( we had only just started going on our own to Maine Road via the Salford Precinct Match bus.

What could go wrong ? It was a simple single bus ride from Sutton Flats on the number 8 bus.

Saturday arrived and the Gang of 4 walked over Brindle Heath bridge in Salford, me kitted out in my black Harrington jacket and my cherry res Doc Martin boots. Amongst was also the cock of our class :) and we al felt untouchable.

The bus pulled in outside Burnden Park on Manchester Road and we headed for the corner shop afacing the ground to buy match day crisps and biscuits. Upon leaving the shop at around 1pm on a deserted forecourt we were approached and surrounded by around 20 teenage locals " are you City ? " then a punch on the nose. At 9 years old it was a little unnerving to say the least and we legged it across the road and back into the shop.

Our next smart move was to decide to not go into the game and when the coast was clear head back across the road and catch the first number 8 back home.

As we made our way back to the said bus stop our friends arrived again and more boots up the arse were received and crisps and biscuits booted out of our hands.

We never got to see the mighty Steve Daley that day, still glory hunting 35 years later :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.