Worst away days

I was at West Ham in 1971 &1977 only saw a handful of City fans
I thought was either the 1974/5 or 1975/6 seasons Don, and we lost both games 1-0 according to the record books. But it could well have been the 1977 game, which was an early season game which rings a bell. So you probably got there after it kicked off in the stands. I think we were in the ground about an hour or so before kick off, and were out again not long after. There weren't many there to start with and I suspect we weren't the only ones who decided that discretion was the better part of valour.

Forest away..... Andy Dibble/Gary Crosby.
We were the laughing stock of English football that weekend (well it felt like it later on that night back in the local in Heywood from the rags)

1983 2nd Division in the Autumn.
Newcastle 5 City 0

Bus was attacked before and after the game. All ticket game but still a mob of Geordies in our end kicking off.
I dread to think what they'd have done to us had we drawn......
The only ground I visited and swore I'd never go back to - and i have never been since!
We all agree Tolmie is better than Keegan

We did not sing that for long that day

Service trains were battlegrounds going and return

not sure why?, we used Wealdstone for Cardiffs last visit to Wembley and there was no trouble or bad behaviour that I saw or heard of. if i remember correctly they were advertising for Cardiff fans to use them weeks before and that would of been the fourth time they hosted us
The guy at Wealdstone told me that they wouldn't have them back.
Constant anti English comments and rude to staff.

Last edited:
Hendry made his debut the following week and was man of the match despite a 3-0 home defeat to Forest. Pretty sure it was Machin’s final home game
It could have been, Derby away was around November and I was at Kendals first return to Everton which was televised on a Sunday which may have been in December.

Newcastle away lost5-0,living in Newcastle didn't help me much and I got arrested £210 fine for breach of the peace and a hiding off me mother.

Derby 6 City 0 !!

1989/90

Ted McMinn is a name that will never leave me !!!
Was on an all-day pub crawl that day. Happened to pass a TV shop at around about full-time and looked in through beer goggles to see that we’d got a 0-0 draw - I’ll take that I thought. Didn’t help my monstrous hangover the next day to find out that the first 0 I saw was actually a 6!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.