Worst away days

This thread seems to have morphed into mainly just a list of shit away performances over the years.

I’ve had some of the most memorable away days at games where the result was shit.

That 4-0 Brighton cup defeat that’s been mentioned for example was a quality day. From DD taking over DJing duties in the pub next to Hove station before the games. To a few gobby Brighton fans in the opposite side paddock to the away end, slowly realising they were surrounded by about 50 City fans. To the long, eventful journey back to Piccadilly in the evening.

Although I’m not saying some people can’t have a shit day and others a good day at the same time obviously.
Agreed. Apart from the game, Shrewsbury in the FAC was one of the best away days I've had. Cracking day with a bunch of mates, no bother at all but culminating in us all getting barred from the Swan in Bucklow Hill on the way back for laughing too loudly. YCNMIU.
Such was the life if a Blue in the late '70's.

Lincoln 98 - midweek I was 13, took 2 days off school, got beat, motorway closed on way home, got back in morning

Ipswich 01 - relegated and I had a GCSE French I revised for on way home on my own on the supporters coach. Got a C.

4-3 Swamp - I went MIA from work and home for 2 days

The Cottage Burners turned out mob handed for the Bank Holiday Monday game at theirs at the start of the 83/84 season too. An interesting walk from the station to the ground!
We must have been on the same train from Picadilly what amazed me when we arrived at Ninean Park was how the police just allowed the “welcoming” party to just walk straight into us but I can’t remember it actually kicking off just a load of verbals

Last edited:
We had some crackers at The Goldstone Ground didn't we.
We won there the following season when Tueart got a couple and I seem to remember Steve Daley getting sent off.
However , the ones that really stand out (apart from the one you mention) were another 4:1 defeat and that absolutely shite 4:0 FA Cup defeat that persuaded John Bond he'd had enough..
Add to the mix one of the worst grounds ever, it always seemed to piss down in that open away corner and the police made people take their laces out of their boots it was a pretty shit experience going there for sure . Brighton also seemed to have quite a high number of dickheads supporting them, which didn't help matters!
Was there for both. That rain was biblical coming off the sea front, we had tge wrong studs on for one.. im sure we had an inflatable et on that terrace and tge lad who brought it just kept whacking his mates with it..soaking us even more. My old man got the 'ump in the end!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.