Worst away days

Watford away 1989, lost 1-0. Division 2.

We had been drinking in West London and ordered 2 taxis to take us to Watford.

The driver of our taxi must have just come off a boat as the poor bastard had no idea where Watford was and we arrived at the ground at HT.

Another would be the FA Cup 1-0 defeat to Notts County in 1991, was sure we were going to Wembley that year.

Been many many more but these 2 spring to mind.

Ps See Brighton in the Cup got a mention, piss wet through and getting hammered, wonderful.

Brighton away - FACup - early 80's. Travelled by coach - organised by Poynton WMC. Coach broke down on M1 and we supporters had to sit ( in the rain ) on the hard-shoulder right on the Luton exit. My girlfriend at the time was a ManU fan and the rags happened to be playing Luton that day. So we City fans were being mocked by the many rags exiting the M1 . My girlfriend included.
The replacement coach eventually arrived and the new coach driver performed miracles driving through the back streets of London and getting us to the Brighton ground for half-time by which time City were already 2-0 down. The game ended 4-0 after which John Bond resigned. My second team -Stockport lost 9-0 and ManU won 2-0. It was a long long journey home.

The Notts county away in the league cup on 9/11 was a bit crap, I think we were one of the only games to go ahead, there was a bit of a somber mood and obviously most people talking about what happened, just didn't get the normal vibe of an away game on a Wednesday night.
If I remember we won in extra time that cheered us up abit.
Really weird atmosphere that night. It felt really strange in the context of that day.

Lincoln 98 - midweek I was 13, took 2 days off school, got beat, motorway closed on way home, got back in morning
I remember turning to my mate when we scored to go 1 up early - “let’s hope for 4 or 5 as I have something on next Tuesday for the home leg and can’t make it”
Of course we then lose 1-4, so I cancel what I had on the next week (at great expense) so I can be at the ‘great comeback’ at home, where we lose again 0-1.
Happy days…….

Brighton away 80s - hired a van 9 of us in the back drove down overnight - one lad threw up in the back just as we were getting on motorway - over 200 miles with the smell - game was shit think nil nil or lost 1 nil ?

Brighton away - FACup - early 80's. Travelled by coach - organised by Poynton WMC. Coach broke down on M1 and we supporters had to sit ( in the rain ) on the hard-shoulder right on the Luton exit. My girlfriend at the time was a ManU fan and the rags happened to be playing Luton that day. So we City fans were being mocked by the many rags exiting the M1 . My girlfriend included.
The replacement coach eventually arrived and the new coach driver performed miracles driving through the back streets of London and getting us to the Brighton ground for half-time by which time City were already 2-0 down. The game ended 4-0 after which John Bond resigned. My second team -Stockport lost 9-0 and ManU won 2-0. It was a long long journey home.
Serves you right for going out with a rag

Lincoln 1-4 has been mentioned a couple of times, but there was also a 1-2 at Sincil Bank in the very silly division. A lot of Blues were chucked out that night without reason and it was rumoured a lot of plain clothes police were used to detect even the mildest of swear words.
A lot of Blues had their cases dropped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.