Worst bands or solo artist you have seen live

Fleet Foxes in Glasgow walked out with my mate after half an hour.
Blue Oyster Cult at Castle Donington.
Shite but not helped following the excellent Blackfoot and Slade.
Pougues supporting Elvis Costello Edingburgh.
Rabble of a noise and some madman in the band hitting his head with a tray throughout not helping matters one bit.

I was taken to see Pavarotti at the MEN he sang around 35 mins on and off interspersed with filler singers to top that his voice just didn't have it any more, £70 quid a ticket in the cheap seats a truly wank night out, compare that experience to that of watching Simon and Garfunkel at the Men another gig I wasn't interested in but went anyway, they were backed by the Everly Bros and it was 2 and a half hours of excellence.

I was at that.
What a rip off.
It seemed like Pavarotti was having a meal.
He’d come out sing a song, disappear for 5 minutes whilst he ate a course, returned waving his napkin, sang a song then fucked off again. This repeated for 35 minutes then he finished!

I was at that.
What a rip off.
It seemed like Pavarotti was having a meal.
He’d come out sing a song, disappear for 5 minutes whilst he ate a course, returned waving his napkin, sang a song then fucked off again. This repeated for 35 minutes then he finished!
Did he still get applauded off stage like a hero.

Dylan at London O2 in 2009. Didn't speak. Didn't even face the audience. Deliberately mangled all his songs. But still glad I went!

Clapton at ABC cinema in 1976. Crap. Drunk. Insulted the audience and couldn't play guitar - deferred to 2nd guitarist. Opening act was Mr Pugh's Puppet Theatre!

Chuck Berry Paignton Festival Theatre 1976. Crap. Played about 20 minutes then introduced his daughter to sing the rest.

They remain 3 of my musical heroes...

Tangerine dream Free trade hall 1974, thought they were tuning up until I was told we were halfway through concert

I had this outstanding album in the late 60s by a band called Love, the album was Forever Changes.
Anyway they played at Free Trade Hall circa 1970, I loved the album and couldn't wait.
The main singer/leader was Arthur Lee.
He was pissed as a fart and was terrible, he actually said ' if anyone's come here to hear Forever Changes, you can fuck off'
They just played really heavy stuff but Lee was all over the place.
People just walked out.
Forever Changes is a brilliant album.

Dylan at London O2 in 2009. Didn't speak. Didn't even face the audience. Deliberately mangled all his songs. But still glad I went!

As someone who greatly admires much of his music of the stellar years, of the sixties, and some of the stuff from the seventies, I have never been able to fathom why he's doing this never-ending tour. He surely can't be short of a bob or two. And it's not like offering a washed-up boxer a huge amount of money for going fifteen rounds (probably a lot less) in the ring.
I would absolutely love to have been able to see him in the mid-sixties. Even the Rolling Thunder Revue in the mid-seventies must have been quite something. I literally would not cross the road to see him now. And fuck, how churlish to not even turn up in Stockholm to receive the Nobel Prize.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.