Worst bands or solo artist you have seen live

I was taken to see Pavarotti at the MEN he sang around 35 mins on and off interspersed with filler singers to top that his voice just didn't have it any more, £70 quid a ticket in the cheap seats a truly wank night out, compare that experience to that of watching Simon and Garfunkel at the Men another gig I wasn't interested in but went anyway, they were backed by the Everly Bros and it was 2 and a half hours of excellence.

Actually I have thought of another. Echo and the Bunnymen (who were excellent when I saw them 18m ago) were playing the Palace Theatre Manchester around 7/8 years ago. Maybe longer. Not their finest hour.

REM 1995 went with a girl I was seeing at Huddersfield’s ground
they were proper dog shit, lots of people were disappointed didn’t really worry me as I didn’t like them,only went as we had a hotel booked afterwards who have you seen that was awful.
I was at that gig and the one they did at Milton Keynes bowl later. I thought they were amazing. Know quite a few people who went and they all loved it. Michael Stipe is the best vocalist of his generation.
With music there is no right or wrong. Everyone’s taste is different so each to their own I guess.

I was at that gig and the one they did at Milton Keynes bowl later. I thought they were amazing. Know quite a few people who went and they all loved it. Michael Stipe is the best vocalist of his generation.
With music there is no right or wrong. Everyone’s taste is different so each to their own I guess.
Sometimes being there is different too though. I've been to gigs and had a great time and then watched them back and thought they weren't that special.

But of course even the best bands have shit shows sometimes. But there are plenty of bands and singers out there that can't actually play their songs so that they sound like the original any more. Some like Bob Dylan lean into this and just completely change everything. Otherwise plough on and try anyway.

I've had some very similar stories to people here. The most disappointing for me was dylan, I seen him about 15/16 years ago, The Never Ending tour I think it was called. He couldn't of given less of a fuck, came out dressed in black shirt an a cowboy hat, the band dressed the same. He proceeds to get on a keyboard while the band form a semi circle in front of him essentially shielding him from view of the audience.

Closed with Rolling Stone, fuck me I've heard drunks in kebab shops do a better job. Sounded like he swallowed a bottle of bleach and razor blades.

Saw Van Morrison shortly after that, he was unbelievable incredible blues gig. I went to see him again after it, you swore the whole audience had rode his wife he was fucking hateful. Genuinely was spiteful towards the audience!!!

Can echo what others have said about the chilli peppers the most inconsistent band I've ever seen either shite or brilliant with no middle ground.

Charlotte Hatherley who played guitar in Ash once upon a time was awful as a solo artiste. She did her debut album in chronological order and a couple of other songs before leaving the stage. No rapport with the audience etc. It was at the venue I’d call The Hop & Grape. Academy 3 now?

A mate who worked at Johnny Roadhouses knew numerous musicians and confirmed she was an arrogant woman. It’s a shame as she’s a bit pretty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.