Worst case scenario for us regards other clubs signings from

Chipmeister said:
Just watched Arsenal and they will not challenge with that squad, they have gone backwards over the last couple of seasons and it will take a lot of investment in the squad not just Suarez to make them a threat for the title.

They had the best form of any club in the home straight last season. If they can pick that up with Suarez in addition they will be a real threat.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Soldado very close to Tottenham.

For £26million. Very unlike Levy to cave in and pay maximum fee, but Spurs are desperate for a striker. Shows that we got Negredo at a great price for an initial £16million.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/bghayward/status/361227709885583360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/bghayward/status/361227709885583360</a>

The rags won't get United, not a chance. More scared that he'd go back to Arsenal. Bale won't leave so I think Madrid will get Suarez. If Rooney's going, it wouldn't be to a BPL team. Nothing to worry about yet, folks.

LoveCity said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Soldado very close to Tottenham.

For £26million. Very unlike Levy to cave in and pay maximum fee, but Spurs are desperate for a striker. Shows that we got Negredo at a great price for an initial £16million.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/bghayward/status/361227709885583360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/bghayward/status/361227709885583360</a>
Soldado has the ability to transform Tottenham up front, and if Arsenal end up doing what they do every window then he'll probably fire them into the Champions League, which will make him more than worth the money.

With regards to Negredo, I watched the Sunderland game today, whilst he didn't do much Negredo looks absolutely fantastic. Fast, strong, intelligent, a beautiful touch. His finishing looked a little wayward but I suppose 25 La Liga goals doesn't lie.

All he needs to do is score a hattrick against Chelsea and he'll be worth £50m.

hgblue said:
I'm in the minority that's not doing cartwheels about our summer signings. Fabregas, Suarez and Pepe and we piss the League for a similar spend. As it stands I'm leaning towards Chelsea, especially if they sign Rooney, because Mourinho will get him firing again.

None of the players you have mentioned have left their clubs, nor have their clubs made them available to buy. Your point, as it stands is based on paper talk.

There will probably be a few late bargains for the other clubs with the likes of Bayern and RM likely to be letting some top talent leave.

Plain Speaking said:
There will probably be a few late bargains for the other clubs with the likes of Bayern and RM likely to be letting some top talent leave.

Maybe we should help Madrid with their pursuit of bale? Di Maria, pepe and contreau in triple raid? £55-60m maybe? Spurs without bale also fucked is an added extra!

Personally hope Spurs keep Bale, he will not have a season like last In terms of goals scored and always likely to miss games with an I jury.

Spurs would be a lot better with 80mill to spend

If rags sign Fabregas, Fellaini and Baines - I'd be worried.

If Chelsea sign Rooney and a world-class CDM like De Rossi they'd have a really dangerous squad.

Arsenal with Suarez, Julio Cesar and another defender (Sakho or someone) would be vastly improved.

Tottenham with a top striker, like Soldado, would also be stronger. If they sell Bale for 85-90m like it is rumoured then they'll be able to make some quality improvements to the squad.

Even with all those situations materializing, which is unlikely, I still feel as though we'd have had the best transfer window - signing a world-class manager, investing in areas that were previously weak (lack of width and pace in midfield) and top replacements for outgoing players as well as lowering the wage bill by clearing out dead wood.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.